The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 Ford Mustang GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Honestly , I am not sure why this was not considered a strong review , as all of us are aware in the Midwest that the Pilot Sport Cup 2s are not good in the rain. That Ford put a sticky tire ( same one as is on a GT 350R ) on this beast is great , as it has been my personal complaint for years that most of the performance plusses some thought a Camaro might have , were due to GM slapping on monster rubber. Finally we have some serious sticktion , right out of the box. There were only 4 PP2s allotted in our Zone , and Woodhouse got 4 of them. I made sure they were not loaded up , so the two we have are only 45-46K. Call me if I can offer any info -- anytime. I know we already sold one from one of our three stores. ( Silver one and one in the maroon red in the back of the picture ).

402-677-5864

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I mentioned to many of my Viper friends and customers that I definitely felt there would eventually be another Viper , as it made no sense not to use the Legendary name on a future machine. I do expect it to have a long hood , short deck , and am 100% confident Ralph Gilles will lead the Design Charge -- it is his passion and legacy. But, with the many changes in the Industry I mentioned to folks to expect a smaller engine, likely turbocharging, and definitely paddle shifters ( though I expect a manual model ). Likely off an Alfa chassis ( heck , you have the World's fastest sedan and SUV around Nurburgring with that platform - Giulia QV and Stelvio QV ). Plus with Tim Kuniskis now in charge of Alfa and Maserati , he is a dedicated Motorhead too ( proof shown by the Scatpack, Demon, etc. ) and he would be thrilled to see the Viper using some of those underpinings. I think a 2022 model year could be around in 2021 , but my gut feeling is it is more likely to be a 2023 model in 2022. You can't kill names or heritages like , Hemi, Viper, Bullitt, Shelby, Z28 , etc., in my mind.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel