The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 Ford Mustang GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
@steveespo do you have any visibility into build quarter/date for your car? Looking forward to seeing that beast.

Unrelated note, I saw a 2018 GT on one of the local dealer lots a couple weeks ago, in that dark red metallic color. It looked pretty sharp; I think the darker color hid a lot of the body accents that are so polarizing on this car.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
@steveespo do you have any visibility into build quarter/date for your car? Looking forward to seeing that beast.

Unrelated note, I saw a 2018 GT on one of the local dealer lots a couple weeks ago, in that dark red metallic color. It looked pretty sharp; I think the darker color hid a lot of the body accents that are so polarizing on this car.
Drew, not yet. I have held off annoying my dealer because I know from Black Boss that the cars aren't programmed to be built until late February at the earliest. I just registered for the Northwoods Shelby Club event at Road America for 4th of July weekend and listed 2018 Mustang GT as the registered car. If it arrives before then I will be happy. The car looks pretty good in person and I like the splitter and wheel treatment on the PPL2 car. I asked Todd Soderquist of Ford Performance last year if the car was worth the wait vs. a 2017 and he stated definitely without hesitation. From the initial reports and tests it appears so. I am psyched.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got some good news about my PPL2 car this week. First got my VIN build date and expected delivery from Ford. April 9 build and May 4 delivery. Second Ford.com added the package to the configurator and it now includes the cloth manual Recaros at the same $6500 price. I confirmed this with a Ford customer rep who checked the order guide and confirmed. I really didn’t care if I got Recaros but am pleased to see Ford upped the package content without changing the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a 2018 GT PP1 last week(3/22). Any educated guesses as to when I will take delivery? Ive already had to cancel one track day in May and am signed up for two in July.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I ordered a 2018 GT PP1 last week(3/22). Any educated guesses as to when I will take delivery? Ive already had to cancel one track day in May and am signed up for two in July.

You will probably have an Mid May build and mid June delivery if the dealer put it in when you ordered. Did you get a DORA sheet from the salesman? That is the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It will have the order details, order #, Dealer code and priority #. If you don’t have it call and get it. You can then go to Ford.com/cotus to track status. Usually takes 2 weeks to get a VIN and build date. You just got in since they are stopping 2018 orders on 3/29.6670e1700ec94bb1df1c0e27ec0dec12.jpg
Attached is my DORA sheet.

You will probably have an Mid May build and mid June delivery if the dealer put it in when you ordered. Did you get a DORA sheet from the salesman? That is the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It will have the order details, order #, Dealer code and priority #. If you don’t have it call and get it. You can then go to Ford.com/cotus to track status. Usually takes 2 weeks to get a VIN and build date. You just got in since they are stopping 2018 orders on 3/29.6670e1700ec94bb1df1c0e27ec0dec12.jpg
Attached is my DORA sheet.

I will get it from them tomorrow. I was told to expect the car 6-8 weeks from the day I ordered it...

Thanks for the info on the DORA. I already emailed them!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Unfortunately we can not sell in Canada ( no Dealer in the US can unless they are super foolish). A sale will incur a penalty and can cause an audit. The same is true of trying to send one overseas. The Cars are all certified for 50 State approval, hence this will not extend to Canada. The warranty would not transfer either , and a Canadian car coming to the US has the same concern - no warranty transfer. Hopefully you can get a Dealer in your Country to order one for you.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry to hear that as it is frustrating for a lot of my friends in the Provinces , since for some reason the Manufacturers leave out some models for export to Canada --- makes little sense to me and I understand your frustration. Will be awhile before there are some used ones, and then the silly regulations allow Dealers to sell them to Canada/overseas/etc. which is a fine point of difference few understand?

I ordered on 3/22 and after asking for my DORA 3 times, was told today(4/9) that Ford had lost the order and it was never scheduled. Now, the dealership is proposing we find one like my build on another lot and having it driven to their dealership. What a joke.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would suggest the order was never lost, just never entered. Kind of a situation where you might as well go elsewhere , because if the car is fairly unique another Dealer may not be willing to part with it , and your Dealer will not be able to buy it for the same price as the Dealer they find the car at. Sorry you had an issue.

I would suggest the order was never lost, just never entered. Kind of a situation where you might as well go elsewhere , because if the car is fairly unique another Dealer may not be willing to part with it , and your Dealer will not be able to buy it for the same price as the Dealer they find the car at. Sorry you had an issue.
My thoughts exactly. Morons..

Turns out, Johnson City Ford took my order and didn't even have an allocation available. They tried blaming Ford for hours before finally admitting to not having an allocation and begging Ford to accept the order. Anyone in the East Tennessee area stay away from Johnson City Ford.

TMO Supporting Vendors