2018 Ford Mustang GT

Discussion in 'Comparison Tests, Reviews and Tech Articles' started by VoodooBoss, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

@steveespo do you have any visibility into build quarter/date for your car? Looking forward to seeing that beast.

Unrelated note, I saw a 2018 GT on one of the local dealer lots a couple weeks ago, in that dark red metallic color. It looked pretty sharp; I think the darker color hid a lot of the body accents that are so polarizing on this car.

2. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Drew, not yet. I have held off annoying my dealer because I know from Black Boss that the cars aren't programmed to be built until late February at the earliest. I just registered for the Northwoods Shelby Club event at Road America for 4th of July weekend and listed 2018 Mustang GT as the registered car. If it arrives before then I will be happy. The car looks pretty good in person and I like the splitter and wheel treatment on the PPL2 car. I asked Todd Soderquist of Ford Performance last year if the car was worth the wait vs. a 2017 and he stated definitely without hesitation. From the initial reports and tests it appears so. I am psyched.
    Steve

RES_22 likes this.
  3. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

Yeah, I agree on the splitter and wheels (the wheels look absolutely menacing in the promo shots).