The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 gt350 clutch problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i took 2018 gt350 to the track, and when i shift from 3rd to 4th, the clutch pedal stayed down and won't go up in at least 1 sec. i thought i was doing money shift and try to hit the clutch and i didn't find it.. so i have to press the clutch for 1 sec until i let it go for the rest of track day. it only happens on track not during normal driving.

That’s not good. Have you installed the Steeda clutch pedal spring?

I don’t know if that will solve your problem and it seems that I recall someone else removing the spring (for other reasons) and there was too much slop in the travel. Give it a try if you want just be careful not to break the plastic piece that is part of the assembly. I do not believe that piece is available without purchasing a whole pedal assembly.
just order a clutch spring... i will see how that goes..

TMO Supporting Vendors