The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 gt350 steering or suspension noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Florida
I have noticed a clicking sound coming from the front and rear of my gt350 when I am moving around in and out of parking spaces or my driveway. It seems 0nly to be when the steering is at full over and i am moving very slow I took it to the ford dealer to have them look for any issues and the suspension tech said he could not duplicate the sound. Because of Covid the ford dealer will not permit any tech to ride in the car with me to show them the sounds One of the service writers was willing to ride with me after hours and can hear the clicking sounds and said he would check with other GT350 owners to see if they hear the same sounds. I am looking for any help diagnosing this noise so I can have it fixed. any help that I can get would be appreciated.

little history on the car:

9000 miles
track event at Sebring 2 days NASA
Track event PBIR 2 Days
1 Autocross event about 15 laps
about to replace first set of front breaks
on original tires still

Are you sure it's not the (quiet) sound the floating disc brakes make when cold or new? Covered in a thread somewhere on TMO- the spokes or whatever make a noise, heard best with windows open, driveway slow in quiet mode. My dealer didn't know what it was (of course) back in 2016. I don't hear it with Girodisc fronts, rears still make the sound if I listen for it...

TMO Supporting Vendors