The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 GT350 stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My cousin has been shopping for a stripe delete 350 for a while now and has come across a super deal on a new 18. It's a white car with blue stripes. Do the stripes peel off easily like they do on the 07-14 GT500's or is there anything about the newer cars that would complicate or prevent stripe removal? Thanks

They should peel right off like other Mustangs. Let the car sit in direct sunlight to get them warmed up first.

Thanks!! I'll pass along the info to cuz. I was concerned that maybe the newer cars had clear coat or extremely sticky stripes... Thanks

Speaking of stripes, the rumor of the 2019 GT350 being available with painted on stripes, I find this very hard to believe. I’ll believe it when I see it.
The quality of the vinyl stripes are a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of stripes, the rumor of the 2019 GT350 being available with painted on stripes, I find this very hard to believe. I’ll believe it when I see it.
The quality of the vinyl stripes are a joke.

It’s not a rumor, Ford will be offering painted stripes as an option...

I have inside connections and I’m told Penske was hired to paint the stripes on but the expense is to much and the quality isn’t there.
Funny they mentioned quality because the vinyl ones suck.

The stripes on my '12 Boss are still holding up well (knock on wood). The stripes on my '68 442 were painted, which I thought was the norm back then. Painting them on would be a bit harder to stripe delete............;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel