The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2018 GT350 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking machine and nice mods , but wondering if you got a new model of Michelins since I am pretty sure you have Pilot Sport 4S tires and not 5S? You need to try and make the Mustang Roundup in September in Hastings, Ne. as my neighbor should be there in his color twin to your GT 350. He has a lot of miles on MPH and I am sure he would love to share his track info with a fellow White/Blue Shelby.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CO
Great looking machine and nice mods , but wondering if you got a new model of Michelins since I am pretty sure you have Pilot Sport 4S tires and not 5S? You need to try and make the Mustang Roundup in September in Hastings, Ne. as my neighbor should be there in his color twin to your GT 350. He has a lot of miles on MPH and I am sure he would love to share his track info with a fellow White/Blue Shelby.
Hi Bill, thanks that was a typo, I ordered the tires in March and the 5s was not available yet or I would have gone with those instead for sure. The Hastings event sounds fun, I'll see if my schedule will permit thanks!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The event is way cool, the track was repaved with current state of the art techniques ( using a new paver as there are only 2 seams on this track whereas 3 is common) and Ford Engineers always show up to chat with drivers, run with them, and often they bring some surprising new product.

PS - and thanks for listing the PS5, which as you noted is a new generation Michelin coming out soon. I was totally unaware of this tyre, but it will be interesting to see what TireRack thinks about it when it is finally out and tested.

www.racemph.com

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CO
The event is way cool, the track was repaved with current state of the art techniques ( using a new paver as there are only 2 seams on this track whereas 3 is common) and Ford Engineers always show up to chat with drivers, run with them, and often they bring some surprising new product.

PS - and thanks for listing the PS5, which as you noted is a new generation Michelin coming out soon. I was totally unaware of this tyre, but it will be interesting to see what TireRack thinks about it when it is finally out and tested.

www.racemph.com
That event looks like fun, I have a friend going out for the viper event this week.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Who is that, as I will be at that event also? You are not talking about George Batejan by any strange chance as he is a good friend and past customer!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel