The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 S550 hood bulge problem at speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My friends 2018 S550 had a bit of a fright the other day when he took the car up to 240km/hr.. He was some what put off by a massive amount of hood bulge, said the sides of the hood were deforming well over a centimeter !! Other fellows with 2015's don't seem to have this problem. Has any one else had this?? And any solutions?

Also noticed that the 2018 hood is way way heavier then my 2012 Boss hood.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
They flutter around a lot, at least mine did, but it never appeared to deform like you describe. I got rid of the lights and put vents in there and that helped, as did some more foam tape sealing across the top of the headlights and down the sides at the front. Still get some shake at high speed but nowhere near as bad.

TMO Supporting Vendors