2018 Shelby GT350R for sale, $47k

Discussion in 'Mustang Cars For Sale' started by thomasmcook, Mar 13, 2019.

1. thomasmcook

thomasmcook TMO Beginner

I have for sale a dark grey 2018 Ford Shelby GT350R with 2.5k miles, never seen the track, but it does have most of the interior trim etc. removed. Car runs and drives perfectly, but does have a few cosmetic scratches, but nothing major. Comes with an MPP extra warranty ($4300 option) and Ford Premium Maintenance ($3800 option), so all the mechanical bits are taken care of. Also comes with the optional infotainment system and carbon fiber wheels. Was $96K out the door in Oct 2018, did partial project to remove interior and turn into a track car and can no longer complete it.
    More info here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-ford-shelby-mustang/6839352553.html

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Grant 302

Grant 302 OPM Spent: $587,402 Moderator

I think you posted the wrong link. That's only one picture.

Good luck with the sale.

3. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

I live near you. I’d like to check it out and if your going to post it here I’d like to validate your car for anyone else here that is looking for another R.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    VoodooBoss likes this.
  4. thomasmcook

thomasmcook TMO Beginner

Hi Byron,

Sounds great. I could meet you this afternoon, or pretty much anytime on Saturday. I listed my number on the CL post, so just call or shoot me a text to arrange.

Cheers!

-Thomas

VoodooBoss and byronj like this.
  5. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks I’ll reach out to you when I’m free and see if your available. Are you on Treasure Island? I’m in the Peninsula. Thanks for better pics and the right link.

Byron

6. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Sounds like a great project track car , as the removal of much of the interior and other items devalues the car plenty for the bulk of buyers ( reality is most Shelby's never see a track) , but it might work out just perfect for one of the CCCs on this forum ( Circuit Course Crazies ). Good place to start and thanks to BJ for going to look it over !

byronj likes this.
  7. PLexo50

PLexo50 TMO Intermediate

I really need to win the lottery soon

8. Bill Pemberton

???? So Byron did you get a chance to see this R? Strange drop from 53K to 47K in just a few days, which seems unusual , so be interested to hear what the condition is?

9. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

@Bill Pemberton, I just logged onto TMO to get the sellers number and see if he is available tomorrow.

10. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

Alrighty everyone, I saw the car. @thomasmcook is a very legitimate and nice man. He even has an enclosed trailer and other fun stuff. I’m going to have a talk with the other half this evening. If she’s on board I’m going to buy it. Luckily, we are both in sales so this could be funny. Sorry, I don’t live stream. But it’s gonna be a hilarious irrational game. She just got a 6K Louis V clutch. So I have some ammo going into this battle. @50Deep, if I win. The next set of rims will need a layaway plan. Hahaha

If she isn’t on board, I will upload the pics and give you guys my input. I will state, “This car is legit and almost brand new.” Only 1977 miles and clean title. Now I’ll off to the Battle Royal.

@Bill Pemberton are you happy. And I know why the price drop but as of now that’s between me and the owner. If I pass it one he can choose to disclose his information.

11. Bouncing Soul

Bouncing Soul TMO Intermediate

I was pretty sure this was a real R with the tapes over the rear seat belt and seat mount holes, but wondered what the story was. This car has been disturbing my sleep, please buy it soon.

byronj likes this.
  12. Bill Pemberton

Byron, sure I am happy, I have just been in this business for 30+ years and was being cautious ( for TMO Members ) , because super fast price drops can often mean scams and they pop up quite often on Forums. I just felt in everyone's interest the car should be checked since you had so kindly offered. Hope it works out for you, as sounds like a great base for a killer track car. Respect that you and the owner are keeping things confidential , ethically that is the only way to go if he confided in you.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    byronj likes this.
  13. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

@Bill Pemberton I understand where you’re coming from. Still hashing it out with the other half.

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  14. Bill Pemberton

Hoping the low price in cash, will help out your hash!?

15. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

I can't see why that Vuitton purse didn't cinch the deal. I remember buying my wife her first one and I could have probably slept with the entire squad of Cowboy Cheerleader and she would have been still delighted. I'd be dead of course but it wouldn't have been at the hands of my lovely Wench.

AustinGT350 and VoodooBoss like this.
  16. Bill Pemberton

Mabe your wife and mine had better not go shopping, she never asked for a Louis Vuitton bag and I don't want her to get any ideas!

TymeSlayer likes this.
  17. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

Yea.......Who knew just how much a purse could cost? Then I learned about Louis Vuitton and coach. Likely their idea of pay back for $500+ dollars in brake pads 3 times a year. Could be?

TymeSlayer likes this.
  18. Bill Pemberton

Hmmm...............brake pads I don't worry about, but sure is hard to hide those big black rubber donuts that keep showing up, ha!!!

SavetheManuals likes this.
  19. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

OK TMO members, well I can but!!!! I can't buy the car. I have to sell my 16 TP (AKA redpill) I kinda like what I have and don't want to purchase a car I have to put some love into.

The R is great. I inspected it and the car sounds great, has 1977 miles on it. The cosmetics that are described can be buffed out in a quick minutes. It's only the clear coat (see pics). The car is sitting outside and is dusty but otherwise in great shape. The rims have been curb checked but just minor scuffs. (nothing we wouldn't see on a track car that went off roading). As for the interior, its all gone besides what make the car function. The AC / heater work, all gauges, infotainment are operational, etc. The R Recaro's are in place. The front door panels are still in place. The carpet, rear panels, RSD, etc gone. But cheap in the big picture. The splitter is gone and the two stripes on the front of the upper grill have been peeled off.

It has its original engine and the oil looked good.

It needs tires but they are Cups 2s so we all know how that is and the brake pads could be replaced but are fine for street duty.

This car is a great buy for anyone looking to build a track car and save a ton of cash. @spartan (just saying) or maybe you know of some people in the hunt. If you have any questions I can help out but as far as buying I will defer you to the owner because that is his project.

Someone needs to save this car. @Bill Pemberton I know you know a guy or ten. This car needs a good home.

20190317_114603.jpg 20190317_114249.jpg 20190317_114403.jpg 20190317_114614.jpg 20190317_114624.jpg 20190317_114413.jpg 20190317_114422.jpg 20190317_114645.jpg 20190317_114827.jpg 20190317_114515.jpg 20190317_114518.jpg 20190317_114527.jpg 20190317_114539.jpg

Bouncing Soul likes this.
  20. Bouncing Soul

Bouncing Soul TMO Intermediate

What is the story? Is it a theft recovery or something? Just makes no sense how roughly that car has been treated even for a track project. The tree air freshener is sweet though.

Bill Pemberton likes this.