The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 Bullitt reveal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet, here's a video.

Just not feeling another Bullitt mustang. You can only bring back retro cars so much.
It would be like bring back another Boss 302. It's been done and done very very well. Just like the Bullitt.
I just don't know. This is why Ford designers get paid the big bucks.
What would be interesting is if they came out with a new mustang model. No GT / Shelby / Boss / Mach / Cobra / Bullitt and so on. Maybe a new model in electric. I know us older people love the combustion engine. I for one love it. But times are a changing weather we agree or not. We cant keep killing our planet. This is a way we can help our generations (children / children's ) after us and regain driving a fast bad ass car.
75 years from now kids are not going to know what a block / heads / crank / cams are?
You will be having to bring your mustang into the repair shop for a Nuclear Reactor tune up. LOL

Sorry but the world is changing at a rapid pace these days and its hard to take it all in!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Disagree on so many levels. Retro with VCT, IRS, Electronic suspension, Active exhaust......
I remember having the stock bubble explained to me as the new way of business. The real estate bubble also explained as the same. "Electric cars are the way of the future".....I have been hearing this all the way back to the 60's. Some day, likely, once technology catches up with the dream.
When do major, successful changes take place??? When technology and the market place support the change. At least that's the way a free market system works.
Why do we see the Bullitt and other retro cars again? Because the market place wants it. Don't think so? Then explain ADM's, the return of the Camaro, Ranger, Challenger, Charger etc..
Will the Bullitt be a winner for Ford? Again? Likely.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Definitely an attractive car, and the bump in power doesn't hurt. It would be interesting to see the pricing and tire selection for this compared to the PPL2 (which is more interesting to me).

Looking forward to this. I had hoped the new Bullitt would be a stripped down Mustang (that is what drew me to the Boss). Maybe not as much as I wanted but still cool! I like the look of this edition. Particularly the chrome accent around the grill opening.

More special editions please!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The new Bullitt will be a nice collectible to anyone's stable, for sure.But I see Stealers wanting ADM's to get one ...sad but true...........right stealers????? There should be a law..... MSRP or less, not more or arrest for extortion!!!!...I know the argument..don't buy it if you don't want to pay the markup.How about if nobody agrees to pay THAT markup, cars will sell at MSRP or less....crazy as that seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they (Ford) is overplaying it with the 3rd release. I had the 01 version, always thought later version looked better retro styling wise. At least now it has a good motor, not sure about the 3V but the 2v even with the PI heads was junk. If they price it too much over GT's that would be too bad.

On my trip to Dearborn earlier this week we drove past the Flat Rock plant and quickly turned back to see if anything interesting was in the lot. We saw close to a dozen Bullitt's sitting there ready to roll. We should start seeing reviews of the car soon but the word is it's a nice upgrade over the standard Mustang GT so I think it will be well received.

Bay Area
I met a guy that did the Bullitt Run with the Bullitt club and Ford brought one along. I heard it was 480 HP and basically a detuned GT350. Its just hearsy but we will soon find out. Wonder if it can hot the hills of SF like the OG one did.

TMO Supporting Vendors