The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019+ Ford Ranger Reviews

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hmm... only coming with a auto box sucks... really dont like auto trannies off road in steep terrain. Often tempted with to get one down here till I remember that they are assembled in Argentina.... I would prefer almost any where else....... Mexico would be much better.....

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol!! its worse then that!! I am English...and live in Chile!! No, the real reason is the build quality is terrible.... They make great race car drivers but the quality control is almost non-existent... Even Toyotas that are built in Argentina fall apart!

DFW, TX
The US domestic market Ranger is built in a Wayne Michigan according to what I read.

I think about replacing my 2005 F250 diesel until I look at new truck prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Worth considering and familiar Ford quality/finish. Gotta see how the kids fit in the back of the crew cab. Didn't like the latch for the super cab suicide door. Kids would likely get their fingers pinched.

46375410972_9e6b6797ed_c.jpg Prices didn't scare me off.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
We have had these rangers in Chile for a while now. Bought a used 2015 double cabin Ranger for work just last week. So far pretty impressed, it has the older the Five cylinder 3.2 Turbo diesel, has lots and lots of torque, 197hp 350 ft/lbs!!. Carried a 600 kilos load up a steep mountian rode to 3000m above sea level and did not have to put it in low... only complaint so far is that the low range is only for the really rough slow stuff. Might steal it as a tow truck......

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Saw my first one on the road. It was a red 2019 4x4 supercab and a short box. Great looking truck but I'm not giving up my '17 Lariat.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I'm keeping my eye out for a 2020 Ranger. People are towing travel trailers weighing over 6000 lbs with these trucks and singing its praises. I'm warming up to the idea of purchasing a trailer for the Mustang and using this new Ranger as tow vehicle for the track. It would sure make things easier than packing up the car and worrying about breaking down at the track.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
With my trailer and Boss I'm running around 8400 pounds (Including tools and tires). My travel trailer has a capacity just under 10K and the Lariat pulls them both (Not at the same tyme silly!) with little problem. Even up through the Colorado Rockies. What kind of max towing capacity do these Rangers have?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Max towing is 7500 lbs. I've seen 18' car trailers at 1800 lbs or so. I recently weighed the car at 3700 lbs in track dress with a 1/2 tank of fuel. I'm thinking that plus a few hundred extra pounds or more I would be OK.

Livernois has a tune for these as well that adds up to 100tq depending on octane.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
One item to note when looking at tow ratings. The ratings mention weight and frontal area. So, if you are pulling a open trailer with little "In the Wind", you should be fine. Tow an enclosed trailer and you will have to also consider the "Added Weight" or resistance an enclosed trailer adds.
I puller a travel trailer with a 1999 Ranger V-6. Getting going was not a problem. Stopping was "Sporty" at times.

I have no towing issues...The Boss pulls it's own and stops when it needs to..except for that one tyme when the brakes over heated in slow traffic..............:eek::rolleyes::D:cool:......I also have prime property in Florida for sale..................................

TMO Supporting Vendors