The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 GT500 News???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been very quiet on the Mustang news front and while many of us expected to see some news on the GT500 or next hot Mustang we've seen nothing. The video below lays out what he thinks and his assessment isn't bad. What do you think?

DFW, TX
The tire width comment is off track because the 305 front is used on the R.

Since we are speculating with no information, maybe the GT 500 well pioneer Ford's KERS system for the next gen Mustang. Think Porsche hybrid...

Probably not getting rid of my GT350 anytime soon regardless of a new model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DFW, TX
I saw that, it should mean an 11" wide front wheel as well. 20" = heavier, though the first R carbon wheels are probably over-built.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bay Area
Ehhh, I'm still thinking 2020 will be when FP releases the next Mustang. If any of you recall, FP has a certain amount of vehicles to release until 2020. Why would they put anything else in the pipeline?

Another You Tube talking head with nothing more than speculation....I doubt (and hope) Ford doesn't take the bate and go the Hellcat/Demon route and screw up a good platform like the GT 350. Let the 1320 types have their Cobra Jets. As for speculation, (maybe it is, maybe it isn't) Ford's manufacturing experience gained with the alum F150 has already started to transfer into other lines. How about a 3100 Lb GT350/500? Power to weight has always been the key to performance. :D

In the V6L
I'm still counting on the 650 HP Ecoboost and DCT out of the GT plus two 70 HP electric motors on the front wheels with a hybrid battery pack where the rear seat used to be. Basically the Porsche 918 architecture at a Ford price. :)

In the picture, it looks like the mule has iron brakes and 350R long front and rear wheel studs for CF rims.

Good to see Ford moving the Mustang down the road course performance path!

Mustangs are tearing apart BMWs, Audis, Nissan's, Camaro's, Porsches and etc.

Making them lighter is key. I doubt we'll ever see an aluminum frame version.

I think the GT350 will continue to be the King of the Road Courses vs. the GT500.

Just as the Corvette Grand Sport versions are better for the road courses vs. FI.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel