The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 GT500 News???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick - you tease! That is really good information all the way around. I thought the GT350 was on it's way out after '18 but maybe not?

I'm just passing along what the rumor mill throws me. While the parts look pretty solid I think there's still some question around the GT350 and how long it lives. I'm hoping it dies in 2018 to keep values as high as possible.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I can’t remember if this was posted yet or not.

View attachment 2946

There's no mention of a 5.0L Mustang on there, just the 5.2L GT350. And what is a 3.5L GTPFDI (excluding Ford GT) engine? I'm thinking that's some kind of twin turbo V6. Does this foreshadow the end of the V8 powered Mustang? If so, mine's a keeper 'till the end of the road.

There's no mention of a 5.0L Mustang on there, just the 5.2L GT350....Does this foreshadow the end of the V8 powered Mustang?

The 5.0L engine is there. Fourth column under "Engine Description" on the second line immediately following 3.3 PFDI it says 5.0L PFDI.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Right right right, I see that now. For some reason my brain only saw engine sizes at the beginning of each line in that column and went no further than the first one. Could that be age related brain degeneration or just lazy reading? Likely the latter.;) Or not?

I would have liked to have seen the word "Mustang" behind that 5.0 like they did below with the GT350 behind 5.2. Could that 5.0 be for the trucks only? With all the changes at the top of Ford there's a lot of speculation about what the future holds for the Mustang.

Does anyone know what those letters mean? Like what does PFDI stand for?

"Powerful Direct Injection"?? :p

Don't worry...GT500's always had ADM's....especially around my neck of the woods! The New one ,when it gets here will be no different, sad to say.................. maybe Bill P. can keep things reasonable for those of us in the hunt?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
5.2L Supercharged Engine - GT500.

(Last line of the Ford 2020 Oil Spec Chart.)

Rick has an inside “Birdie” with great intel reports!

Hoping it comes out later rather than sooner. Then plan turn my S197 into dedicated track only car (it’s about 80% there now) and acquire new uberstang in a convertible with 10 speed for weekends can commence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors