The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 GT500 News???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
The previous GT500 wasn't a track car...they may go in the same direction with this one??Either way I'm sure it'll be fun to have one...;)
There sure are a bunch of people the take them to the track though... The Mid-America Ford meet always seemed to have tons of these cars "whining" around the track at Hallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a blower on my ‘13 GT that is rapidly approaching dedicated track only car, and have said countless times if catastrophe ever strikes and aggressive NA build is the direction I’ll go. But with the work I have put into it my car is great as is.

I am excited about the GT500 for potential to get it with the 10 speed auto / convertible form for tearing up the twisties and cruising with my wife. Automatic so she can drive it too. I have no expectations that this will be expected to out perform the GT350 on a road course. Horsepower is addictive and a blast outside of the road course too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for a seven speed DCT with 750+ HP. That would be a fun car.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have a blower on my ‘13 GT that is rapidly approaching dedicated track only car, and have said countless times if catastrophe ever strikes and aggressive NA build is the direction I’ll go. But with the work I have put into it my car is great as is.

I am excited about the GT500 for potential to get it with the 10 speed auto / convertible form for tearing up the twisties and cruising with my wife. Automatic so she can drive it too. I have no expectations that this will be expected to out perform the GT350 on a road course. Horsepower is addictive and a blast outside of the road course too.

If you do end up as a dedicated track car I would seriously consider going e85.
Its waaay easier on the engine and waaay cheaper than race gas.

Plus you can make a lot more power safely. And who doesn't love that?

If you do end up as a dedicated track car I would seriously consider going e85.
Its waaay easier on the engine and waaay cheaper than race gas.

Plus you can make a lot more power safely. And who doesn't love that?

Dedicated track car is happening. Just a matter of when.

I’ll definitely have to look into E85 for it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Dedicated track car is happening. Just a matter of when.

I’ll definitely have to look into E85 for it.

AED will hook you up with the right tune.
Plus, racing fuel will be 3 bucks a gallon and the motor will run cooler and make more power and be way less likely to detonate.
Going from 91 octane to e85 is 100 HP at 9 psi for me.
At 15 psi its another 50 hp and another 100 pounds of torque on top of the 9 psi e85 tune. Boosted cars love e85.

AED will hook you up with the right tune.
Plus, racing fuel will be 3 bucks a gallon and the motor will run cooler and make more power and be way less likely to detonate.
Going from 91 octane to e85 is 100 HP at 9 psi for me.
At 15 psi its another 50 hp and another 100 pounds of torque on top of the 9 psi e85 tune. Boosted cars love e85.

Awesome. Shaun at AED did my current tune and it runs like a champ. No doubt I would go back to him to make the switch.

Can't say that gets me all warm and fuzzy. Ugly wheels. Front end reminded me of a Formula E racer....and that's not a compliment. Hope it looks better in person.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
It looks like it could be an accurate render based on the brief glimpse in the video. I imagine the wider front is for cooling similar to the giant mouth of the ZL1. The wing looked shorter in the video (and therefore uglier). If they took off the stripes I could see it looking good in person. I think the angle right now isn't working because the vents look like a hood scoop. It has potential but right now it's a big "meh." Of course, I've said that for every generation after 2014 and have ended up loving them in person.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors