The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 GT500 Speculation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your precictions for the car. We know 700+ HP. Will we see AWD? Close to 800 HP? DCT or 10 speed auto? Will Ford be able to pull any weight out of the car? 0-60 in sub 3 seconds? What are you hoping for?

It will need to be competitive with the Hellcat and Camaro in terms of HP. I don't see it having AWD, altho a lesser Mustang may offer that. One thing for sure...ADM's will be the rule! Price starting around $70K??

What shocks me is how far behind Ford is. The GT350/R was done by the end of 2014 or early 2015. It looks as if the GT500 wasn't on their radar until way too late.

Talked to **** from ***** while at Sebring for the IMSA races. I learned that Ford is still testing prototypes equipped with DCT's. Not sounding like there is going to be any alternarive transmission offered. And while I had been told that cars at Building 57 had two piece steel driveshafts the ones out west were/are one piece carbon fiber units...

DFW, TX
I predict heat. Lots and lots of heat.

Adding 200HP on top of what the GT350 has (well... how much hp/heat does the supercharger add to make that extra 200HP?) I would think for track use all the coolers would have to be upgraded over GT350 stuff.

For the street, a FP supercharged, DI, 5.0 with 10 speed automatic and 3.91/4.11 gears would be pretty sweet but track use would require substantial help to live for more than a few laps.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Adding 200HP on top of what the GT350 has (well... how much hp/heat does the supercharger add to make that extra 200HP?) I would think for track use all the coolers would have to be upgraded over GT350 stuff.

For the street, a FP supercharged, DI, 5.0 with 10 speed automatic and 3.91/4.11 gears would be pretty sweet but track use would require substantial help to live for more than a few laps.

And then there's the substantial weight added because of that. Neverending cycle...

I am with Rick and Smitty on this one.

I don’t think it will have the track focus of the GT350, but will have tons of power and weight. A street killer but still fun on the backroads.

I am hoping for the 10 speed auto.

Convertible available? Hope so.

And I too hope to have one in my garage. My name has been on the “interest” list at my dealer for over a year and my dealer doesn’t charge ADM on their cars.

That becomes the weekend cruiser with the family and my S197 makes the leap to dedicated track car. It’s most of the way there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuntman, Where you been all these years. You got more seniority than me! You still got a Stang?...You may be on to something with a two version GT500. But I think it will be a one version with options to upgrade...Tyme will tell...........correct spelling has never ben a reqirement on this forem ..;)

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors