The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Instead of drywall in a garage. Consider 4x8 sheets of siding. Hardy board/plank works well. Will not damage like drywall.

the ceiling is the major hot topic......i forgot to mention that i wanted to hang drywall from the ceiling so above i can have storage.....i guess when i said “i want to insulate the walls for winter’’ that didnt translate to “and also the ceiling” so now i have 10’’ thick wood beams instead of 12’’ thick......(too far apart for drywall). So now i’ll see what the drywallers say..... the gc said i can insulate the roof beams...but i dont know.

i wish i could have done full 2 deep but city wont allow over a 600 sq ft garage

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
the ceiling is the major hot topic......i forgot to mention that i wanted to hang drywall from the ceiling so above i can have storage.....i guess when i said “i want to insulate the walls for winter’’ that didnt translate to “and also the ceiling” so now i have 10’’ thick wood beams instead of 12’’ thick......(too far apart for drywall). So now i’ll see what the drywallers say..... the gc said i can insulate the roof beams...but i dont know.

i wish i could have done full 2 deep but city wont allow over a 600 sq ft garage

You could strap the ceiling with 1x3 at 16" centers and then install drywall ( or plywood ) with ease.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
BTW , you will likely have to frame in an access hatch ( by code ) in the ceiling somewhere. I would suggest renting a insulation machine from Home Depot and blowing in loose fill insulation it will do a much better job then batts in the attic in your case. ( Rockwool loose fill is much less itchy than the Fiberglass ) You will probably ( by code ) have to install plastic vapor barrier on the walls and ceiling as well. I'm not familiar with your local building codes so double check locally what they want. :)

Last edited:
BTW , you will likely have to frame in an access hatch ( by code ) in the ceiling somewhere. I would suggest renting a insulation machine from Home Depot and blowing in loose fill insulation it will do a much better job then batts in the attic in your case. ( Rockwool loose fill is much less itchy than the Fiberglass ) You will probably ( by code ) have to install plastic vapor barrier on the walls and ceiling as well. I'm not familiar with your local building codes so double check locally what they want. :)

ok....fml, im not insulating the flipping roof. Lol....(i prob will)

Last edited:
Dont worry Bill. Tony is just starting out. First time with an instructor is coming up. Then he will know what he doesn't know now. LOL

i dont think there will be instructors a NWSC autobahn june 6th event. You wont have front row seats to me going into the pit wall before i get on the track.

i am, however, thinking of doing mid-ohio. Every single track day with you guys through sept is weekends i have my daughter.

and phase 2 is coming up on monday.......

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Gonna love those wheels. I got them in black satin, but the more and more I see of you kids with your fancy bronze is giving me eighth and ninth thoughts about switching up.

TMO Supporting Vendors