The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Car's looking great Tony! You guys should consider traveling to Road America in April of 2023 and driving with the Northwoods Shelby Club. http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/ Its been the "season opener" for a bunch of us from MInnesota the past few years. And with RA's resurfacing project, it will be like driving a new tack.... kind of. Weather can be iffy some years, but by April, us northerners start to get the itch bad! Would be fun to see fellow trackers in person!

Car's looking great Tony! You guys should consider traveling to Road America in April of 2023 and driving with the Northwoods Shelby Club. http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/ Its been the "season opener" for a bunch of us from MInnesota the past few years. And with RA's resurfacing project, it will be like driving a new tack.... kind of. Weather can be iffy some years, but by April, us northerners start to get the itch bad! Would be fun to see fellow trackers in person!
Remind me the closer we get and im in

Winter updates. My shelby tech is making a cut out to use my new strada 1.3 so it looks factory.150E31D9-2331-448F-8087-4C9FD3156E06.jpeg

also ditching the archetype splitter for a proper one via AJ
3034EF26-1E71-4B53-B44B-9A0C981812F7.jpeg

and after 9 months of Dean at KOHR promising me he will ship out the gt4 hood vents that have been sitting on his shelf, i have given up trying and looking for other solutions to get proper gt4 side hood vents.

i am also ordering the verus flat bottom panel kit.

first day on track will be april 1st

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Winter updates. My shelby tech is making a cut out to use my new strada 1.3 so it looks factory.View attachment 84526

View attachment 84527

and after 9 months of Dean at KOHR promising me he will ship out the gt4 hood vents that have been sitting on his shelf, i have given up trying and looking for other solutions to get proper gt4 side hood vents.

Looking to sell the old splitter by chance?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Winter updates. My shelby tech is making a cut out to use my new strada 1.3 so it looks factory.View attachment 84526

View attachment 84527

Damn I wish AJ made a similar splitter kit for the regular GT. Everything looks great Tony

@TMSBOSS here is my driver mod car. My buddies all yelled at me enough to get a driver mod car….i sat in every spec miata i could and my knees were at my ears. So a bmw buddy suggested a z3. He found me a red z3 prepped for track only use. He only found red, i dislike red, so i had it wrapped.

ive been getting my daughter into the sport so she helped design the wrap with my buddy

heres the result. (ISH RACING is my daughters initials)

D54655F3-980A-4627-A71D-7B52ECA6F223.jpeg
E0A0B2CE-0D21-492E-8649-4B755F7A6D7E.jpeg
2B25A72B-3CB0-4904-904D-BBEE75A2D81E.jpeg
“The fighting unicorn”

yes the wrap is a 50 footer but i paid $500

i will be doing a top gear esque type thing with it. Anyone can drive it on autobahn south. Whoever gets the fastest time at the end of the year gets a trophy and a prize

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I so agree with TMS, as my son and I have been racing/autocrossing since he was 15. Now with him approaching 40 and me in a state of decomposition, we are still playing with cars. He is Nationally Competitive in Autocrossing with his EVO 9 and I am a damn good tire warmer! The fun with your child/children can not be valued enough and I often find myself skipping track time so I can run with him at an autocross. I will continue to do both, but since his work schedule limits when he can go, I work around his time constraints because the fun with your offspring is so fantastic and memorable.

Love the car and I bet she loves having her initials on the hood signifying the " Racing Team!!"

First day on track starting the season out right. My steering wheel covers the rpm lights on the dash so now i need to grt an external one. My shelby tech cleaned up all the wires, made an cf insert thr dash mounts to, and moved the wipers to a switch on the control panel. AJ splitter is top notch. Im taking all the Archetype stuff off because i need more race focused stuff. The new @APEX Wheels forged rims are soooooo nice. The z3 is a blast to drive.

CC771D0C-F137-42E8-9960-D060B2934353.jpeg

F59947B1-E404-4B16-B978-67F748749A9D.jpeg

2D8EB71B-D2A4-42D6-92F1-1F84FB29FD41.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
not that my say matters but I vote paint top side and leave vents and underneath exposed.
I agree. That would look great, but I’d leave as is.

1) It looks great already
2) it’s a race car

@Tonymustang302 , Do whatever your heart and your wallet can agree on.

TMO Supporting Vendors