The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alignment done, 2.4° camber up front max without drilling the strut tower holes.
FE5BCCF4-5A41-45EA-A91B-2C3279866900.jpeg
Last night did the FRPP front tow hook and Archetype Tempeste 2.0 splitter with OPT7 smoked turn signal lenses. I really underestimated how many times you have to remove, put back, mark, cut, drill, check, test fit, remove, trim...etc etc etc... took 4hrs total
B14789B4-C6E9-4137-ACC3-54F0379FFC50.jpegB2B6BBD9-642D-4745-8B74-33117598AFB9.pngF65A1963-4E99-45E1-A815-1252F07EDB0A.jpegFEC5DC5B-02EC-4F7C-BC69-E43DA218FEDF.jpegA09E57AC-60E8-4F63-9F98-6F8E3F914AA0.jpegE845BDEC-D302-4E49-A55B-BA7659D9E9D8.jpegF691121B-D510-46DB-8ECD-79ABB00AA61D.jpeg

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
Good. Watch out for the urban speed bumps.
I've had a customer go off the track, through a gravel trap and into a barrier...

It destroyed the lower front of the car's fascia and he ran over the splitter in the process. He had an Anderson Composites GT350 R carbon fiber front splitter. That was a shattered mess. The belly pan was destroyed. Once he had the car repaired, he bolted the same Archetype Racing splitter back onto the car with no damage on it. He's still running the same splitter today. I can't even begin to explain to you how unbelievably lightweight and robust these splitters are.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
EIGHTLUG

Your piece looks fantastic. I would expect you could stand on the splitter where Tony has his cold brew cup and not damage the structure.

Tony and I have met. He is the urbanite and I live in the country about an hour from him. We poke at each other, all in good fun. Where Tony lives speed bumps are real, me....not so much. Where I live you are more likely to hit a deer or a cow in the road than a speed bump. Yes, I have hit a deer with my pickup. If you hit one of these Meat Moguls you hope it goes over you and not into the car.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
EIGHTLUG

Your piece looks fantastic. I would expect you could stand on the splitter where Tony has his cold brew cup and not damage the structure.

Tony and I have met. He is the urbanite and I live in the country about an hour from him. We poke at each other, all in good fun. Where Tony lives speed bumps are real, me....not so much. Where I live you are more likely to hit a deer or a cow in the road than a speed bump. Yes, I have hit a deer with my pickup. If you hit one of these Meat Moguls you hope it goes over you and not into the car.
Oh man! I grew up in rural Kansas on a farm. I know about hitting deer all too well! 😬

I run the same style splitter as Tony (with the Delignit) and I selfishly seek out the bigger speed bumps for the purpose of testing. I just want to beat on the Delignit. Torture test it, if you will. I have seven track sessions and some mixed city driving on my current splitter + Delignit. I posted a video on the TMO FB page to show the wear, or lack thereof, on the splitter and Delignit.

Sure, there's an added cost to incorporating Delignit into the splitter. But it's much less expensive to replace a worn Delignit skid ($60) vs. replace your splitter because an area is wore complete off. I'm all about sustainability and prolonging the life of wearable items.

Last edited:
Tony how did you mount the splitter rods to your bumper??

what he said. I completely forgot to take a picture. Its bolted to the crash bar. Ford has a lot of centerline points you can use to measure left to right (center bumper crease, crash bar Center hole, etc etc). The tow hook was much harder than the splitter

@TMSBOSS you need archetype to make you one of these for out there.

684FA046-B9B9-4EE1-9EE9-4107BA4FDD37.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Holy Downforce Batman ..................and quit your bitching , Tony ,about it taking 4 hours, because you will likely rack up that many hours of compliments just on this site alone. That is extremely menacing and congratulations on the work, and the look . I imagine you have put the fear in TMS for the next time you guys are on the track together ---- splitter envy!

DSS aluminum driveshaft and lethal performance resonator delete installed....sorry i didnt get pictures but holy schit was the driveshaft a chore wit only quick jacks. It is literally almost 1/2’’ of clearance front to rear so i have to remove the trans mount because it was blocking it. This was a newer truly 1 piece design without adapters that i kept seeing in videos or like the g-force ones.

have to still drive but so far it sounds awesome. Now @TMSBOSS can hear me in front of him when he loses site of my tail lights.
8A56068E-6CEB-44FF-B258-5655A3DD345C.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel