The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tony

I run the Pagid pads on my Boss. Like them.

Although I had similar results as you did with the Raybestos pads the first time I ran them. I failed to clean the rotors after removing the original pads. The vibrations were teeth loosening under braking and very noticeable when not braking. I cleaned the rotors with a DA sander and followed the manufacturers instructions for bedding. That fixed the problem. Since then I have run through 4 more sets with no problems.

Tony

I run the Pagid pads on my Boss. Like them.

Although I had similar results as you did with the Raybestos pads the first time I ran them. I failed to clean the rotors after removing the original pads. The vibrations were teeth loosening under braking and very noticeable when not braking. I cleaned the rotors with a DA sander and followed the manufacturers instructions for bedding. That fixed the problem. Since then I have run through 4 more sets with no problems.

T, i absolutely did the st-43’s replacement wrong and went against everything i learned as a mechanic (machine the rotors with new pads). Regardless....the level of brake dust from the st-43’s is more than stock....im happy with the pagids especially after seeing that the pagids cover more of the rotor surface than the st-43’s.....almost 1/4’’ the pagids cover end to end braking surface.

oh well, i’ll be selling the st-43’s on here With the machined rotors with 2k miles, they have 1 bedding session and 2 laps on them light use. (And stock set of oem brakes).

I had a great day at north track, ran a 1:09.950 in the morning as my fastest time, had lunch, went out for one more session, couldnt get faster than 1:10, i was def pushing the car more and more then this happened;

981ABB8C-2898-4F8D-BF30-C7D975A49346.jpegDA816FEA-BCAC-4B61-9A2E-A1FA8CCDAE90.jpegDD6CA0FF-6E0D-498E-9CF4-1B5427667601.jpeg8B627B7A-9744-48B3-A3E4-98C16F08D942.jpeg99E9EE10-221F-4B74-9CFC-BE61D86A2617.jpeg

i pushed the car too hard, the rear end came out, snd went into the barrier. Thank god for my safety gear.....

i walked away, im ok, now i get to turn the car into a racecar, and i will absolutely be back out on track.

stay tuned for the next part of this build

sidenote: the archetype racing splitter is perfectly intact.....that shows volume to the build quality. Even bolted to the stock splitter thats destroyed.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Dang man, so sorry to hear of that happening, but look to the silver lining of every cloud : Salvaged cars run so much faster when you take all that plastic shiznit out of it :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Ouch!! Sorry to see this happen.

Every time I bypass that track insurance, I think of a day like this happening. Hope things turn out well in the long run. 👍

Ouch!! Sorry to see this happen.

Every time I bypass that track insurance, I think of a day like this happening. Hope things turn out well in the long run. 👍

ordered an oil cooler and a stock lower control arm so the car can run and at least drive straight. drivers wheel is pushed back a lot. Im praying the body shop wont kill me as how much work is needed to get it to the point of wrapping it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I had a great day at north track, ran a 1:09.950 in the morning as my fastest time, had lunch, went out for one more session, couldnt get faster than 1:10, i was def pushing the car more and more then this happened;

View attachment 57736View attachment 57737View attachment 57738View attachment 57739View attachment 57740

i pushed the car too hard, the rear end came out, snd went into the barrier. Thank god for my safety gear.....

i walked away, im ok, now i get to turn the car into a racecar, and i will absolutely be back out on track.

sidenote: the archetype racing splitter is perfectly intact.....that shows volume to the build quality. Even bolted to the stock splitter thats destroyed.
Tony, tough gig man, but glad you are OK. With all destruction come reconstruction! It will be fun to follow your rebuild. Good lusk!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

View attachment 57736View attachment 57737View attachment 57738View attachment 57739View attachment 57740

Oh damn Tony, I don't know how I missed this post last week. Sorry to see this, and really glad it wasn't worse. This is a rough patch in the journey, but it sounds like the build thread for this car is about to get pretty intense.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
If it makes you feel any better, you can do the wrap yourself and save lots of money. It's not how you look, it's how you place, right?
Don't tell me otherwise, mine looks like shiznit, and it better place well

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
If it makes you feel any better, you can do the wrap yourself and save lots of money. It's not how you look, it's how you place, right?
Don't tell me otherwise, mine looks like shiznit, and it better place well
I also wrapped my car myself. It's tedious but not really hard.

TMO Supporting Vendors