The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update: Still waiting on the bodyshop quote.....tuesday 3pm is what im hesring.....i am pretty upset that it’s just sitting there waiting....the bodyshop did let me change the lower control arm and oil cooler out back. Took 10min. One thing that was really scary was how loose all the suspension bolts were after 1 month of track days. CHECK YOU BOLTS people
car was 9 qts low on oil and i have no clue where it went. I suspect the tow truck driver may have tried to start it or something.

86BE4BA2-2521-4F18-B78D-F36179AC5234.jpeg
so far ive only found a drivers headlight $500 instead of $1300 and Ecoboost/GT 15-20 Complete door from midway mustang for $250.00 in blue.

plan A: if not crazy expensive, body shop fixes Everything Wrap it
plan b: i do majority of work and body shop paints panels, then i bring in for them to do rear 1/4
plan c: sell twin turbo, this one, buy fp350s if i can find one
plan d: I dunno.

this car is going to be 95% at the track bcuz i have a garage at autobahn now.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Update: Still waiting on the bodyshop quote.....tuesday 3pm is what im hesring.....i am pretty upset that it’s just sitting there waiting....the bodyshop did let me change the lower control arm and oil cooler out back. Took 10min. One thing that was really scary was how loose all the suspension bolts were after 1 month of track days. CHECK YOU BOLTS people
car was 9 qts low on oil and i have no clue where it went. I suspect the tow truck driver may have tried to start it or something.

View attachment 58100
so far ive only found a drivers headlight $500 instead of $1300 and Ecoboost/GT 15-20 Complete door from midway mustang for $250.00 in blue.

plan A: if not crazy expensive, body shop fixes Everything Wrap it
plan b: i do majority of work and body shop paints panels, then i bring in for them to do rear 1/4
plan c: sell twin turbo, this one, buy fp350s if i can find one
plan d: I dunno.

this car is going to be 95% at the track bcuz i have a garage at autobahn now.

I'm a Plan B guy, because I am going to biznitch and moan about every little detail, and use it as a learning experience since I have zero prior knowledge. I'd also be taking pictures and videos of its transformation. If you've got kids, more knowledge, and don't care about the blogging opportunities (LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE, BRO) then go with A. C seems like a crazy expensive choice compared to A... and D, well, I dunno.

I'm a Plan B guy, because I am going to biznitch and moan about every little detail, and use it as a learning experience since I have zero prior knowledge. I'd also be taking pictures and videos of its transformation. If you've got kids, more knowledge, and don't care about the blogging opportunities (LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE, BRO) then go with A. C seems like a crazy expensive choice compared to A... and D, well, I dunno.

i HATE bodywork, but again, i need to save money. I really like the idea of me doing it and bringing the panels to paint.

i do have my winter project now

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

This is a worrisome twist of events and is the first item I would find out about to confirm the engine is ok.

If not, this could seriously change your repair option list.

Fingers crossed for you.

Tony

Has the engine cranked since the incident?
@TMSBOSS @67GTA @302 Hi Pro no the oil has been siphoning out from the cracked oil cooler, To my Knowledge It has no been ran.....i have a suspiscion it may have been started at the bidy shop but dont know I replaced it with control arm. My plan of attack is meeting owner of bodyshop tuesday at 3pm to go over estimate. I will see what happens but more than likely tow it Back to my house and disconnect fuel pump, crank over til i have oil pressure and see if there are anymore leaks. Wait 30min, check oil level again, then if ok, crank and run it and pray theres no engine damage. if all ok, i will wait for everything to be ready at the body shop so its not sitting outside and then. I really want to do the majority of my repairs myself.....im going to ask if they can paint the panels and door, and i install The broken pieces and then bring it back for the 1/4 panel repair. They said they may be able to pull the 1/4 panel but im doubtful.

If there is Engine damage or its ticking/knocking..... and like my 2020 is going, im sure i have a 55k paperweight.

cars back at home until bodyshop can get all the parts needed. (I dont want it sitting outside). Nows the time to put the @OPMustang Tim gt4 studs on, and cortex rear lower control arm bushing. Difference between arp and new gt4 bullets.
3D0A7ABE-6672-44EC-8FB7-9F71CCECF6D0.jpeg
C11DAC05-DB9C-4294-8808-AD6A42430E49.jpeg
rear lower control arm would be a real chore but i have so many matco swivel sockets from my mechanic days we were able to get them out whilst leaving the Brakes, wheels hubs, axles, exhaust and upper control arm in place. @PaddyPrix

oh, and the ole girl started right up and is 110% fine (10.5 qts low so all the oil siphoned out)

Last edited:
Cars going to bodyshop today.....finally got all the parts in. I was able to throw on the 19x11.5’s with the 31mm spacer up front.....man is is a 1/2 finger close to the strut but it clears everything lock to lock. Im having the bodyshop put the rear tow hook in, hood vent and latches while its there. Decided im going to have them paint it. I really love the stock look of the rims and such.....should have just kept it alone and bought a track car.

66F1E82F-F925-403F-A671-D37ECDAFBCC0.jpeg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Don't know how I missed this. Sorry about your off track excursion but I think you got the right idea and going out full race bore. Good luck with the conversion and glad to know your safe.

As expected, more damage behind the exterior sheet metal......body shop doesnt seem concerned.....guess i will be painting.
lots of goodies coming from Archetype racing......

heres what 305/30/19 goodyear 3r’s look like on 19x11.5......i may stick with 305’s on these rims.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Update: rear bumpers still on back order since middle of october....body shop cant save it....new eta is 3 more weeks. Super bummed because autobahn extended there season and i thought id be able to get a shake down run at least.

between the stress of 2 mustang builds going on during covid and running a business in the restaurant industry....i need to take this off season and come back swingin next season....

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Update: rear bumpers still on back order since middle of october....body shop cant save it....new eta is 3 more weeks. Super bummed because autobahn extended there season and i thought id be able to get a shake down run at least.
For what it's worth, you don't need a rear bumper on most courses, I've done 3/4 a track day without one :)

TMO Supporting Vendors