The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First track day was absolutely awesome.....no instructor, First group, had a blast Car completely stock with street alignment..... between first and second session i Dropped 10 seconds Time....it was drizzling....last session i pushed extremely hard, but got stuck behind traffic. Even with that i hit 3:00.854....

i def need to put a harness in, i was sliding around int he factory seatbelt.....i kept it in 4th gear the whole time because. Again, first time, i was focusing on the turns and everything.

cant wait for more.

8F154834-593B-4173-A882-59836D6FC53E.png
97323988-FB4C-4D68-91AC-822FE540A81C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There is a trick to keeping you in your seat a bit better with just the factory belt. Push the seat all the way back then try to snap the shoulder belt for it to lock in your hand. Now suck in your gut and click it into the lock. It will only take you 100 times to perfect this little trick, but once done, and secured then move your seat forward till you can not breathe. You will not be able to move, breathe , or anything else , but you will find yourself surprisingly secure. Work on it, but it is rewarding till find your butt pretty planted till you can get a bar and harness belts.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Your little sister was screaming at 8250 rpms ........no wonder you can't hear squat anymore, ha. Ole TMS practiced his lines first at Autobahn , getting damn proficient and then when comfortable was rowing those gears. Seems , if my memory serves me right he vaulted forward 10 seconds from where he started to where he finished -----and he finished fast passing a slew of other machines because he focused on the track first and speed second!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Your little sister was screaming at 8250 rpms
At least. She was Gifted.

I have run Autobahn just once....so far. Its a great facility. If I had to pick one gear to run with the 350 it would be third. You will bounce of the limited a few times until you start shifting. You can pull from 35 MPH to a touch over 100 MPH in third. I never used second once on track.

Glad you had a good time, Tony. Hope to run with you somewhere soon.

At least. She was Gifted.

I have run Autobahn just once....so far. Its a great facility. If I had to pick one gear to run with the 350 it would be third. You will bounce of the limited a few times until you start shifting. You can pull from 35 MPH to a touch over 100 MPH in third. I never used second once on track.

Glad you had a good time, Tony. Hope to run with you somewhere soon.

i will try that when i do their track school this month....

Started to do the rear vertical links, and 1 piece driveshaft, but stock exhaust.....and driveshaft replacement seems like an enormous chore.....if i do a resonator delete it will be super simple.....but then might as well do the mgw shifter. so just installed @06mach1 ’s rear seat harness brackets.
BA3E6D83-8D6A-4FF9-9EC6-9F13565ABBB4.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You done good, Tony, but those darn belts need to go for the front seat bud , not the rear, haha!

Seriously, great job and you just gained a second on track ---- you will not be flopping around the interior anymore! The funny thing is how there is so much less fatigue when you are secure in the seat and experiencing hardly any movement.

You done good, Tony, but those darn belts need to go for the front seat bud , not the rear, haha!

Seriously, great job and you just gained a second on track ---- you will not be flopping around the interior anymore! The funny thing is how there is so much less fatigue when you are secure in the seat and experiencing hardly any movement.

what we talk3d about on The phone a few months ago haplened At my first track day....my arms were exhausted because i was holding the steering wheel insanely tight.....

i have 2 more track days booked this month......this is nit a good bug to catch.....im obsessed.

the next day i was driving my volvo SuV to my moms (to drop off my daughter) and was still in race mode hitting apexs.....daughter loved it and was laughing

Caster camber plates installed along with rear toe links from j&m......lord almighty was the caster camber plates a chore with the $30 spring compressor form amazon. Left side 1 hr.....right side 10min lol

alignment tomorrow

@TMSBOSS whens are first track day? I have his and hers shirts made for us

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel