The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 Mustang GT California Special performance package necessary for supercharger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
East Providence
Welcome to the site.

A bad idea? All depends upon what you want to do with the car. With a supercharger, heat will be your biggest concern.

What do you intend to do,with your car?
I have already put a cold air intake in it as well as a Borla exhaust and I also replaced the resonator with an X pipe and I’m not sure I want to do the performance package 2 but I am considering it eventually I am going to put a widebody kit on it as well what would be the advice that you would give do you think putting the performance package to is a safer bet before the supercharger or am I going to be OK without the performance package?
thank you for your help!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
The focus of this website is for people who take their car to the track and/or compete in racing. What type of racing or events are you planning on using the car for? That will help people know how to help you. Most people here would advise against a supercharger if you plan to do extensive road course duty.

Or is this just for a street set up? It that’s the case it’s completely up to you. I’m guessing you’re referring to the Ford Performance Power Pack 2....if you plan on doing a supercharger then you probably want to skip that. You wouldn’t be using the intake or the tune, not sure about the throttle body - depends on the supercharger.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Is it a bad idea to put a supercharger in a 2019 Mustang GT without putting a performance package 2 first?
What is it that you get from Performance Package 2 that you think better helps? Since you've already got the car, I guess you could buy all of the parts and do it yourself, but more often than not, there are many better aftermarket versions available. Former Small Stater here, and curious, where are you doing Time Attack? Lime Rock? Palmer? Seekonk?

(for the non s550 crowd, in addition to the base edition, they had a premium package with fancy leather seats, and stereo stuffs, they have factory optioned packages called performance pack 1 which had some minor things like a wing, different rims, and they have a performance pack 2 which takes it even further, going with Magneride and Cup 2's - https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/2018-mustang-gt-performance-package-level-2)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel