2019 Mustang Roundup - solid discounts!!!!!

Discussion in 'Track Days, Car Shows and Gatherings' started by Bill Pemberton, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Unfortunately that would not be an option,since we actually have quite a few Instructors , and in the past if someone was running that was not in a Mustang , it was usually another Ford. It has always been an event where a ton of track time was important, and everyone is timed, so most folks even run for trophies. We have enough classes for Mustangs , and we do not want to deprive any Stang owner the ability to enter by having other makes in the mix. There is a Viper Event run the same way that occurs there in June, and another for Corvettes and Camaros too. Sorry , and sure doesn't hurt to ask, but it is a Ford Love In with the Ford guys from Dearborn, and even the Car Show is all Mustang. As noted, prior, it was actually super rare to have another Ford show up, but we did allow in the past, the problem now is it has become a " Bucket List " Mustang event so virtually nothing else shows up anymore.

2. cholmes1

cholmes1 400lb Gorilla

I look forward to see everyone there...Sadly, I won’t be able to bring my LS this year but am anxious to see all the TMOs on the track.

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  3. Bill Pemberton

So the question is, " What is the concern with your Boss ? "

4. cholmes1

cholmes1 400lb Gorilla

6D503286-BD44-4C2F-AC1E-80D8C88447CB.jpeg 1405045A-BD9E-4E34-96F7-8E36EFDD0AAA.jpeg

RMMR started great with the autocross until the storms came. Looking forward to seeing Tyme and the other Mustangs in tomorrow’s show and shine

15E2BD96-37CB-479B-AC20-2845415F353E.jpeg 5FAF3F5B-E154-4CE2-9EAE-FCC126A3B5C6.jpeg

Show and Shine was excellent. Many thanks to Tyme and the RMMR Mustang family for a great show

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  5. c2fx

c2fx TMO Intermediate

looks like you needed a Yellow Blaze 302 in that lineup! best of intentions to go this year, but just couldn't make it work. maybe next year...

6. Bill Pemberton

c2fx --- there is still time, maybe things will change for you , as registration is still open and we could use another Rocky Mountain Mustang in the mix?!

7. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

I'm making my travel plans for the event and it looks like I'm arriving Thursday evening and leaving Sunday morning so I'll be there for all of the festivities on Friday and Saturday. I'm bringing my driving gear and hoping to ride shotgun with a few of you.

8. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

Or left seat if you promise NOT to break my toy. :):rolleyes:

VoodooBoss likes this.
  9. Bill Pemberton

There is more news concerning the Duffinator coming to the Mustang Roundup so call your friends and get them signed up. We need to have the TMO crowd , old and new , dominate the event!! 60+ racing Vipers showed up for their event in June and pretty darn sure we can eclipse that number, plus we will have others for the car show, and the Ford Engineers Tech talk and surprises!!!!!!!

10. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

Great event, fantastic people, but unfortunately a really long drive and an overlap with NASA nationals.

A shame given the potential sale of the track.

For those who haven’t been, this may be your last opportunity.

11. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

Rumors are flying the Duffinator will be available for pics and autographs Sat afternoon....lines to start forming 11 AM.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  12. Bill Pemberton

The track sale does not likely mean a closing , as it is not a conventional sale and the track should continue into the future, but if under a newer direction some things might change. Would sure suggest many look to sign up this year as there is no place else you will be able to run with such a large group of Boss and GT 350 Mustangs in one place. Solid competition, Instruction for those that want it, and tons of meals and fun!!!!! Sorry not to see Black Boss coming , as many of us would love to see his Racing GT 350. We will have Ford Engineers show up and bring their beasts and as noted there is a major chance a GT500 will be there!?

Food is listed in the notes above , because unlike 90% of the track events we go to where little of no food is provided , the days and some nights are catered and that saves driving off site and the food is well above typical track food - imho.

Autocross, Time Trials for all groups, and more. One of the best parts is finding out all the items fellow track guys are doing to their cars so one truly finds out what works?

www.racemph.com
    Look up Mustang Roundup

PS - I know a bunch of us are excited VoodooBoss is coming from California as this event has been on his bucket list for years and he is finally able to make it---hurrah!!!

byronj likes this.
  13. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

I posted this on our Facebook page and there is a lot of interest in attending. I'll be signing autographs but only for Bob if he makes the event. Shoot I'll even sign Bob's glove box if he brings his car. :eek:

byronj likes this.
  14. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

Me and the Boss getting ready to depart out west...A deal like this happens once in a lifetyme!!!!!!....I already rubbed off Carroll Shelby's and Richard Petty's signatures off the glove box to make room for the Duffinator's...Hope I get there in tyme before he leaves back to Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'll just have to pretend the trip is in Mexico......:rolleyes::cool:

15. Fastfordnut

Fastfordnut TMO Race

When are you planning to depart?
    Strongly considering attending as well. My son may ride shotgun or possibly bring his car too.
    Maybe we can travel as a group?

16. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

My New England Neighbor, After talking with my Son, Who I wanted to ride shotgun with me also....He said he had to stay put this weekend since He's on call from his job. The best unplanned plans never make it to fruition sad to say.Maybe they'll be a "Mustang Roundup East" one day?...Lime Rock, You Game?????

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:34 AM