The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2019 Mustang Roundup!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchtime.

F18F2D6B-9E5E-4E1C-9F1D-25EE1D1C6F57.jpeg

It looks fantastic and it was great hearing some of the reasoning behind some of the build decisions. Let’s all be thankful many of the Ford engineers are enthusiast like you and me and they won out over marketing on items like cross drilled rotors.

When the dust settles on the weekend, I'd be great to capture some of these comments/discussions in the GT500 thread...for those that want to know and couldn't make it!

wish i was there! so jealous...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
During the 2018 Event we counted the folks who were members of TMO and we found out to our surprise that 11 of the drivers or show car participants were. Fast forward to 2019 and over half to the driver/show car participants were TMO Forum folks! The initial count was at 22, but by the end of Saturday we already had one additional new member and therefore stood at 23! Can you say, " TMO Rules?!"

Let me know who you are if it’s not clear. I met a lot of new people the past few days and it’s hard to keep track of everyone.
Glad you made the trip Rick and to meet you. In case you don't know who I am I could be called the McLeodkiller. Missed the pic above, we were pushing my heap on the trailer when this was going on.

drano38

Wayne
Group photo? 10% never get the word. . . I'm pretty sure my Boss is behind this fine group of fellow TMO members.
Another great weekend. Meeting old friends, making new ones, meeting Rick, awesome track time. George's MPH crew did a great job. Also, thanks to the sponsors, and people who make this event happen--registration, tech inspection, the awesome meals.
Sunday I even got a point-by from Bill (while eastbound on I-80!)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Just made it into Laurel MS.

Looks like I get the "Long Haul" award this year. What does this pay??? LOL

Since 4 Sept I put 2500 miles on my tow rig.trailer, 4 track days (UTC/Miller and the Roundup) plus a day drag racing with my brothers.

I think I'll walk to work tomorrow. LOL.

It was great to finally meet Rick and to get together with the midwest "Crew". Seeing the GT-500 and the GT at Todd's condo was awesome.

Thanks top George for putting together another awesome event. I wish I could have stuck around for the banquet. Did I mention I had a bunch of driving to do??

Glad you made the trip Rick and to meet you. In case you don't know who I am I could be called the McLeodkiller. Missed the pic above, we were pushing my heap on the trailer when this was going on.
Yes I remember. Good luck with the clutch repair and it was nice to finally meet you.

Also nice to meet long tyme BMO/TMO members @drano38 @TMSBOSS and @TymeSlayer , seems like we’ve been friends for years!

Also great to meet many of the others , some long time members and some that joined this weekend.

And a big shout out to @Bill Pemberton. Not only is he really fast he was an integral part of the whole event and did a super job raising money for the local food bank. I’ll start a separate thread with photos tomorrow. I’m tired and out for the night.

The best for last though. George is going through some rough times yet he was a funny and gracious host making sure everyone was having a good time.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry Drano, apparently I can't yell as loud as I used too, because I tried to tell everyone after the entire group picture to come up front for one of all the TMO members. I didn't do a good job, because with 23 members we missed a lot more than 10% of the folks there. I will make sure we get a set time for us all to gather since I figure we may hit 3/4ths of all the drivers being members by 2020!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors