The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 5.0 misfires on track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Texas
I have a 19’ PP2 and I’ve also been fighting a misfire issue since tracking mine as well ( over a year ) I always get a check engine light and usually put in limp mode 2-3 times in a weekend. But this past track weekend I had it go into limp mode about 2-3 times a session, very annoying but still managed to pass a Mini Cooper in limp mode 🤣 I’ve also kept my tank full just to eliminate that as a culprit. Going to have a buddy pull the codes and try a crank relearn and go from there. I had another buddy out there in the same car as me only a year newer and he had no issues. Hoping to get this fixed soon. Car is also on stock tuning.

Monaca Pa
I would get codes also. After exploding my engine and building a new one, I had Shaun AED send me a tune. During data logging and sending it to Shaun he would send back to me and say I was really lean at WOT. I then took it to Tim Roadheavers shop and spent 8 hours on his dyno looking for the problem. Fuel pressure at the fuel rail at idel was 60 psi, WOT went to 35 psi. Changed fuel pump still the same. Then we put pressure gauge at pump and stayed at 60 psi but at engine 35 psi. The stock fuel line was restricting fuel flow. Tim made a braided fuel line and solved that problem. He told me he had never seen that before in all the Mustangs he had dyno tuned. It solved my problem and I have not had any codes since.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel