The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2020 GT350 "The One" Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Thank you @Bill Pemberton . I'm glad I found this forum. I used to be on Corner Carvers years ago, it's still up but a shadow of its former self. This forum looks like a great place for performance / track stuff on Mustangs. I wasn't aware that the system started a build thread I was clicking around to check this out. It's probably going to be pretty scarce as I'm not planning to do too many mods on the 350. I've installed FP oil separators I guess I'll post pictures.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thank you @Bill Pemberton . I'm glad I found this forum. I used to be on Corner Carvers years ago, it's still up but a shadow of its former self. This forum looks like a great place for performance / track stuff on Mustangs. I wasn't aware that the system started a build thread I was clicking around to check this out. It's probably going to be pretty scarce as I'm not planning to do too many mods on the 350. I've installed FP oil separators I guess I'll post pictures.
Even if you don't do much with the "build", you can still add your track exploits and other experiences with the car here in your build thread.

Welcome!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually there are quite a few folks on here that have relatively few mods on their Autocross or Track Mustangs. For instance, when I was running my 2012 Boss 302 I only had items like different rims, camber plates , an MGW shift kit and an oil catch can. Whoops, well I did have some gumball tires on her , but you get the idea. When TMO mentions mods , it can be specific since we view things like brake pads ( brands ), braided lines, two piece rotors, cosmetic changes, etc. as interesting changes , because often it is the little things that make all of us quicker. Brake pads ( aggressive ) with racing fluid and a super competitive tire are likely the two biggest items, other than seat time, that make the most impact in making us go faster. So feel free to list what you may consider minor adds, as it is quite common, and you are aware from Corner Carvers, often a new model of tires or another seemingly minor item can make one faster than your competitors.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear JDee,

Since you are the same age as I am you likely are having a Senior Moment, don't you remember me telling you that you have the absolutely most beautiful silvery gray Mustang in all of Ontario, heck, in all of Canada. Why, yes, it is my very favorite Silver Bullet in all of Canada , I simply love the car, and speaking of Silver Bullets, I believe Molson owns Coors, so I plan on continuing to be your devoted friend. I would hate to see any shortage of that lovely brew due to hostile feelings across our borders and but the way the stripes really set off the shimmering color of your car in the Sun, and wow those small red pin stripes are the finishing touch to highlight her subtle ,yet sensuous lines.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Actually there are quite a few folks on here that have relatively few mods on their Autocross or Track Mustangs. For instance, when I was running my 2012 Boss 302 I only had items like different rims, camber plates , an MGW shift kit and an oil catch can. Whoops, well I did have some gumball tires on her , but you get the idea. When TMO mentions mods , it can be specific since we view things like brake pads ( brands ), braided lines, two piece rotors, cosmetic changes, etc. as interesting changes , because often it is the little things that make all of us quicker. Brake pads ( aggressive ) with racing fluid and a super competitive tire are likely the two biggest items, other than seat time, that make the most impact in making us go faster. So feel free to list what you may consider minor adds, as it is quite common, and you are aware from Corner Carvers, often a new model of tires or another seemingly minor item can make one faster than your competitors.

I agree, it's all relative and often small changes can add-up. You can see my other Mustang aka "The beast" has a ton of seamingly small changes like aluminum steering rack bushings that added-up and earned me NASA SE TT podium for years running. I have a few things planned for the GT350 i'll be sure to chronicle it here. Plus the track videos and stuff as mentioned. I really like this forum!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I checked out the Golden Girl, sounds like that was not just for the color but for all the wins she has had. Do post a video if you get to the Atlanta Motorsports Park as I have a great friend from High School and I hope to get there for a run some day in the future?

TMO Supporting Vendors