The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 GT500 Track Tour?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's to hoping Ford Performance does a Track Tour with the new GT500 like they did with the GT350! Post up if you want Ford Performance to do Track Tour again.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Absolutely and I might just have to send a little note about this thread to a very nice Gentleman who will be attending the Mustang Roundup in September in Hastings,Nebraska. He just happens to be in the Performance Dept. and this is a killer idea!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am expecting the Beast to whip up mightily on Tyme, me ,and others if it is one that can be driven at the max. Ford has brought some wicked stuff to the event in years past and sometimes the machines were there to do quick laps , but not in anger. If we are on full boost , I expect the 500 to be a major rocketship and I will discreetly tell all you TMO folks, that when the track times come out , you will see that running in a straight line was not this GT 500's main modus operandi!! The new GT 500 is going after the heart of the Shelby mystique, bad ass track terrors!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
If they do it for the GT500 I wonder if they will do both a road and drag course.

Is the T2 (or T2R) Torsen in the S550s as beefy as the 2012-2014 Boss/GT500/GT-TP T2/T2R (2.7:1 bias) was?

By most accounts, that T2 was heavier duty than the T2Rs with 4:1 Bias ratio and better able to withstand occasional dragstrip use.

What is the bias ratio for the S550 Torsens?

TMO Supporting Vendors