The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Which brings up the question. Do they want to make money on the new Vette?

If all they want to do is rebuild the brand by mass producing the one line which has remained since 1953 and then ride that to profitability through their other models. This could be a fun ride.

you are nuts to pay any adm. Been there done that and got burned. Never again. Nope.
My sentiments exactly!!!! The dealer caught me off guard When I ordered my Boss...his only allocation and My Boss is in my garage...so end to a ADM tale that I don't want to relive for ANY car....................If I can't get your car at MSRP or LOWER, you can keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the profit margins are on the base Vette but Chevy has made it clear they are making a lot of them. Base is supposed to be $60k.

Likely the same mass production strategy for the Z06 but slightly less in number. Base likely $75k or there abouts with options up to $100k. It will be a performance bargain for sure.

Less ZR1s I would think.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
except for 1983;) Love to point that out to the vette guys.
I'm pretty sure I saw a 1983 Corvette in the Corvette Museum a few years back (must have been 2008). Supposedly a few were made for preproduction testing, none were offered for sale, and most were destroyed. Not sure if the museum car was a sinkhole casualty.

Norm

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The Mustang II was a victim of the Times. It was slower than it older siblings, ran poorly, smelled bad (all early converters did) was hard to “Hot Rod. Bolting a 4 barrel onto a 8.5:1 motor did not yield neck breaking results. Blocks were lighter/thinner and were almost impossible to build into a “Real Motor”. Besides these few points, she was a beauty. Gut the engine compartment and fit in an older mill and you had something,

The Mustang II was a victim of the Times.
This was VERY true.We just were getting over the gas lines of late '73/ early'74 and no one wanted to buy a gas guzzling hot rod. The muscle car era of that tyme was just about thru anyway...I still don't understand how that Smokey Bandit Trams AM car wiggled thru? Just glad to see Performance back with a vengeance today, with today's technology helping immensely!!!

Imagine the excitement when you’re in high school and your mom says she’s going to buy a Mustang! Then the horror when you come home from school to find a Mustang II Ghia in mustard yellow parked in the driveway. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel