The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 HEP GT350- R's fetching big money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been watching the last few of the Heritage R's sell for big money. This one today brought $171,350, below are the three before todays.
3/13 $167k
2/27 $166k
11/20, full wrapper car went for $156k.
Not a bad short term investment for the sellers of these.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Certainly is paying off for a few. Local dealership has a 2022 GT500 on the floor. Black on black. Stickered at $86K I think. Sales guy said they sold it to some guy in Cali’ for $30K over that. Then said that was probably $20K less than they could have got had they held onto it for a bit…🤯.

Mecom and other have done more to destroy our hobby than anyone else, back in the mid 80s you could buy a 70 Boss 302 for 4 to 5 grand, that price rose commensurately with inflation and economies, but when the auctions came around, everything got stupid. I replaced the tail lights in my 56 Chevy for a 6 pack of beer, 5 years later they cost 300, now legit OEM tail light assemblies are going for over $2K. Rust bucket camaro and mustang bodies started going for $15K for nothing in particular, which spurred the aftermarket to start building repos of them.
Funny thing is, people have started to seek me out to work on their old stuff because no one under 50 years old knows things like point ignition and carburetors, especially the tri power stuff.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Francisco
If I had a HEP R and someone offered me $175K I would sign papers so fast your head would spin.

Someone on M6G claimed they had a friend who proudly turned down $400K for his Corvette ZR1. Sounds like a bonehead, emotional decision to me. I would be cashing that check.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
If I had a HEP R and someone offered me $175K I would sign papers so fast your head would spin.

Someone on M6G claimed they had a friend who proudly turned down $400K for his Corvette ZR1. Sounds like a bonehead, emotional decision to me. I would be cashing that check.

Vette guys can be, well, a bit strange. Nice enough people in the main, but they often ignore and/or gloss over the unique warts of their cars and live in a bit of a dream world with an air of superiority that can be very tedious. Like almost all cars Vettes surely do have some warts, especially given their non-standard construction.
I'd be cashing that cheque too if someone was dumb enough to write it.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
As crazy as the market is, he may get it.

Lowered the price to $8K this morning. Some helpless soul will pay it. I might pay $800 for it. It’s a $50K project easy and that won’t include the original VIN stamped motor and trans (yes…they were on K-Codes). Whoever attempts the project will be upside down halfway through.

Some of us boys get pretty attached to our Stangs and Vettes and whatever over the years.......and holding on to them and the memories they share may be priceless to some owners. Me and the Boss have been tearing up roads for ten yrs now!!!....My Boss and Me are happy together...........................Money is great, but memories are better....................................

Man when I was 18 (2004) there was a 1970 boss 302 yellow with the shaker hood for sale not far from my house. It was just sitting in front of his house with a for sale sign he wanted 18k it was in good driver condition (no rust original motor) I begged my parents to co-sign a loan for me ( I didn’t have any credit at the time I just graduated) but they said it was a dumb investment and I would never get my money back if I wanted to sell. Man I wish I would of bought that car

Also wish I would of bought a Ferrari 355 before I bought the mustang it was a good clean car manual targa top with 60k miles but all the maintenance was up to date could of scored it for 50k but decided against it seeing a 29yo welder doesn’t need a Ferrari. Should of bought it prices in those are sky rocketing

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel