The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 HEP GT350- R's fetching big money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohh yeah I wouldn’t trade it for anything unless someone wants to give me crazy money lol but a track pack gt ain’t worth much and the memories with my kids are worth more and with everybody thinking everything is going electric (boo) I want the kids to have something cool to drive.

If I had a HEP R and someone offered me $175K I would sign papers so fast your head would spin.

Someone on M6G claimed they had a friend who proudly turned down $400K for his Corvette ZR1. Sounds like a bonehead, emotional decision to me. I would be cashing that check.
But what if the cars continue to appreciate and they are worth even more when the owner finally decides to sell? Maybe that's the gamble those owners are taking and good for them. If they hit the jackpot later on, great. If they lose out, well then that's their loss.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
@Sjohnson1800 same thing happened to me at 18…in 1988. I found a ‘65 GT350 less than a quarter mile from my grandparents house. Car was complete. Original engine was blown, but came with the car. Only needed rebuilt. Car was running and driving with another Ford service 289 HiPo. The rest of the car was 100% as originally sold. Asking price $12K. I begged my parents to co-sign on a loan for me. They told me I was stupid and it would never happen. An older friend of mine purchased the car and sold it six months later for $36K. We all know what they sell for these days. 🤬🤬🤬. So much for stupidity.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Okay, so planning for the future here, my daughter turns 18 in about 16 years. What car will she be begging me to co-sign for that I'll think is a waste of money but actually will turn out to be a great investment?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Auckland, New Zealand
Okay, so planning for the future here, my daughter turns 18 in about 16 years. What car will she be begging me to co-sign for that I'll think is a waste of money but actually will turn out to be a great investment?
My guess would be Porsche Cayman 718s, Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ Twins (Gen 1 or Gen 2), Mazda MX5s, new Nissan 400z. In 16 years time anything fairly light weight, reasonable cost new and with a manual trans will be a driving experience that will be very hard to buy off the show room floor.

The kids that are teenagers now that want those cars will be in there 30s when the prices bottom out but will have families and buying a sports car isn't a priority. That's about the time when you're co signing your daughters loan, but 15 years after that those same people are in their late 40s (or so) when they have spare cash and want to relieve their youth. By that stage most of the cars have disappeared off the road and the survivors start escalating in value. That is assuming that governments still allow people to drive an ICE vehicle.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
My guess would be Porsche Cayman 718s, Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ Twins (Gen 1 or Gen 2), Mazda MX5s, new Nissan 400z. In 16 years time anything fairly light weight, reasonable cost new and with a manual trans will be a driving experience that will be very hard to buy off the show room floor.

The kids that are teenagers now that want those cars will be in there 30s when the prices bottom out but will have families and buying a sports car isn't a priority. That's about the time when you're co signing your daughters loan, but 15 years after that those same people are in their late 40s (or so) when they have spare cash and want to relieve their youth. By that stage most of the cars have disappeared off the road and the survivors start escalating in value. That is assuming that governments still allow people to drive an ICE vehicle.
I'd cosign for any of those.

They probably won't be legal though. She can have fun acting out Mad Max in my old Stang.

That's the problem with government meddling in the marketplace. The " cash for clunkers" scam took a lot of nice driver type cars off the road in order to save the planet. The fact is they took those cars out of the market where younger, middle and lower income people are trying to buy a daily driver. Same for that ass Buttigiuge ( or whatever his name is) to paraphrase " If gas prices get too high go out and buy a ($70K plus even with government subsidies) electric car.
Yeah, right, do the amortization schedule on that one, moron.
With all the government meddling
( corruption?) In the market, no investment is safe, except maybe MREs, AR15s and ammunition.

Got another one on the block, be interesting to see what it goes for. 2019 R is at $100k. too

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
I'm hoping my Boss will hold some value. The best part will be watching my 5 grand-kids fight it out for ownership someday.....or not. Hah!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel