The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2020 Heritage GT350R Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have a recommendation for brake pad? My stock ones only have one more track day.

hawk pads? Stick with OEM?

also any other tire recommendations?

a buddy is recommending the Goodyear f1 super car??

pagid.....dont even look anywhere else

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
pagid.....dont even look anywhere else
I also vote on Pagid brake pads. I run RSL29 and Castrol SRF for my GT350R at Sebring, excellent combo and performance.

I’ve looked at the pagid pads. Gonna grab the yellow rsl29.

was wondering how worried about the bedding procedure I should be.

is it very difficult or just take my time and it’s easy?

build the heat up slowly, then bring the heat down slowly. Was watching a few videos on it.

any tips from you guys?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Another Question I was talking with my dad about the other day.

is what about brake fluid and how often to change it? And what about diff fluid and how often to change?

what brands do you guys recommend for each?

I was monitoring my temps at the track last week and was like damn 277 degrees for axle oil seems really hot!

I did my first oil change at 750 miles before my first track day also.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bedding. On my Boss, I ran the pads without bedding....once. It was a disaster. Build up was so bad the car shook under braking and had a pulse when not braking. Serious Build Up. On the GT350r, I put the pads on with new rotors and drove the car, no issues.
YMMV.

I’ve looked at the pagid pads. Gonna grab the yellow rsl29.

was wondering how worried about the bedding procedure I should be.

is it very difficult or just take my time and it’s easy?

build the heat up slowly, then bring the heat down slowly. Was watching a few videos on it.

any tips from you guys?

i forgot what i did but it was super simple. I believe the pagid guy told me go 50%, then 60, then 70, 80 and stop at 90. Then let cool once session and theyre ready.
I have the yellows and i love em

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
I never posted up my times at PBIR when during my 2nd time out. This was in January 21st.

I managed a 1:31.44 fastest. Running a top speed of 142.

DAFED2CA-3B91-49E9-A0A2-52F03E04FFFC.png4DF53EDD-18F5-4730-A963-C051D221B818.png

I ran again yesterday with some fresh tires and more track time. This makes my 5th time out. And cut a new personal best.

I cut a 1:29.00 at 146 mph top speed. Im
Getting more speed coming out of the last turn to the main straight and then braking later now. Definitely have more confidence as I’m getting more track time. Also my tires are wearing much better now. It felt amazing to have fresh tires. Felt awesome. I also ran two more 1:29’s

My goal is to get a 1:27 at this track. I think that’s pretty booking over here.

also, there is a Mclaren senna that runs out with us. It ran last night. Just set the lap record with a 1:19. He had $4000 tires on the thing lmao but man that thing is siiiiick!

15EDDFD1-10C6-4CD5-9473-420E1D056492.png926F7281-D7DF-45E0-BDB3-3E12DC8074D9.png4594B724-86AF-4BD0-B412-EE529D30F260.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Florida
Fresh SC2’s are on.

will be back out on PBIR this Wednesday the 3rd

Will be at homestead Miami speedway on Saturday the 13th with chin.

PBIR again on the 17th

And I have Sebring for feb 26.

Gonna be a fun February for racing

Headed to Sebring feb 26 also. Will try and find you there. Fast laps till then

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Update on parts.

I ordered allot of carbon for the car. My personal goal is to get to 3500lbs track ready without me in it.

I ordered

Speedkore Carbon Fiber Front Bumper
Speedkore Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper
Speedkore Carbon Fiber Front Fenders
Anderson Composites Triple Vented Hood
Anderson Composites Rear Decklid
Anderson Composites Rear Diffuser

I also ordered

Optic Armor 1/4” Front Window
Optic Armor 3/16” Rear Window

I spoke with Optic Armor today and discussed a mix of street use with the car. The reason we went 1/4” in the front is that this will stand up to speeds without needing to brace the window. Glue only will work. The rear window at 3/16” is closest to stock and that will be fine. These windows will be fine for moderate street use. The issue that can occur is if the car isn’t garaged and constantly sitting in the direct heat all day every day, the material can yellow over time. I also discussed the passenger and driver windows.Even though they aren’t listed on the site, they can do the windows. But...the issue you have is the weight of the of stock window works with the window sensor, so when you open the door the window drops down.With these lighter windows the sensor won’t work properly, so unless we can get a workaround then these windows can’t be used in the current configuration. I would like to figure out how to do it though. There’s 10-15 lbs of extra weight right there.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Also decided I want to stay NA for a while before I add a power adder.

my race engine should be due in the next 3 months.

I want to run my stock setup as hard as possible and keep working on my technique and trying to get faster. I still have allot of improvement to do personally on getting used to the car.

I will say this has been an absolute blast. Been a rookie in the road race scene I have already met a bunch of great people at the track. It’s allot of fun to group up with other similar cars and go at it around the track.

with the lap timer I have been able to see how consistent I can be. What is nice to notice is my lap to lap times are much closer together. And every time I’ve changed tires so far I get a new PB.

already put the new brake pads in. Bedded them in fine. They grab really well.

I plan on running stock for the next 3-4 months. Then dropping the race engine in, then running NA for another 3-4 months, then look at a power adder like a turbo system I’ve mentioned.

I’ll be posting up the weight loss program on the car with detailed specs of all the parts. Stay tuned

TMO Supporting Vendors