The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2020 Heritage GT350R Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
You could also sell the R and buy an FP350S which has much of what you are looking for without all the work.

I would say I’m smart but not that smart, I gotta go down this rabbit hole first. Lol.

and I love street driving this car. I thought I would be garaging it and then road racing it. But I find myself taking it out all the time. It’s incredible to drive on the street also. I forgot how much I miss driving manual.

dude I was reading through your entire thread a couple weeks ago when I saw that. My stomach dropped when I saw the picture. I was so bummed for you man. I even told my dad about it was Explaining it. He was bummed also. I can definitely see how it’s possible, especially when you feel more confident behind the wheel you just keep pushing the car harder and harder.

much respect for you to post it up and show us the mistake, and also respect for continuing to work on the car and keep going.

stay humble with these cars, one lil slip and boom. I luckily can afford to fix and make it better. I love the 2020 heritage r....looks so perfect to me.

enjoy what you’re doing.....you only live once.

I’ve had two intros to tire walls. Sucks. One was at 70+ backwards.
Hans is mandatory in my book and some DE organizations require them.
If you are going hard core there is a lot to be said for just buying a race car already built and saving your GT350 for the street. Likely less $, time and aggravation.
That’s what I did after modding my Boss continually and realizing I was trying to get to a race car. Dawned me..just f’n buy a race car.
Bam! Meet Thor.

503F6804-3AEE-4177-8BCA-3565A9B988F4.png

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have the same pedals in my Boss. I love them.

I was one of those guys who said "I will never use an auto blip" then I bought one, then another.

Still fantastic pedals. I just can't compete with an electric gizmo. YMMV.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
I have the same pedals in my Boss. I love them.

I was one of those guys who said "I will never use an auto blip" then I bought one, then another.

Still fantastic pedals. I just can't compete with an electric gizmo. YMMV.

I tried to order one. Here’s what they told me.

Thank you for your AUTO-BLiP order.

We are finding out that at least for the 2020 GT350R, Ford maybe using a different accelerator pedal unit that is not compatible with our unit. This information is coming from a few customers.

We know the unit works with previous years accelerator pedals so swapping the pedal unit is an option. The accelerator pedal unit is a plug and play option.

Either way, please let us know if you still would like us to ship the unit over or cancel your order.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
This is the kind of stuff I have to keep up with at my track

what’s cool is this guy races it almost every weekend. Road chips don’t bother him. What an amazing car, the amount of carbon on this thing will make you drool.

View attachment 62897

Amazing machine. I’ll never forget the first time seeing one last year at Willow Springs. I was able to stay close enough from T2 thru T9 to have a first person view of the active aero making rear wing adjustments as we rounded 8 & 9. The free looks were over as soon as he hit the front straight and he rocketed down to T1!!

Don’t worry about keeping up with heavy metal like that. Assuming equal skill there is no universe a GT350 will keep up. Improve your skills. Buy an AIM/Solo and smarty cam and work on your times. Also just because someone drives a Sena doesn’t mean he can drive.
There will always be faster cars at the track than what you have.

A friend has a Trofeo R and he can drive! I can’t stay with him. Too fast. That’s why there are different classes of cars.

36925ADE-B157-4B02-89B8-361FF3667E76.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Don’t worry about keeping up with heavy metal like that. Assuming equal skill there is no universe a GT350 will keep up. Improve your skills. Buy an AIM/Solo and smarty cam and work on your times. Also just because someone drives a Sena doesn’t mean he can drive.
There will always be faster cars at the track than what you have.

A friend has a Trofeo R and he can drive! I can’t stay with him. Too fast. That’s why there are different classes of cars.

View attachment 62904

this guy is for sure fast. He set the track record the other day with a 1:19 in that car.

I just love seeing it on the track, I know I’m really gonna catch him. But it gives a good benchmark to see how fast a car can really go on the course.

I have a garmin catalyst and it helps allot to track my times.

Well when your driving a Sena it’s much easier to set track records me thinks. I’ll be much more impressed with you setting a record lap in a Mustang and even for your class.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Out at Sebring now. Beautiful day.
Started the first session. Got 5 laps in,

literally the on the 5th turn on the first lap a new gen camaro went off the track. And we got black flagged. That killed 2 laps easy.

but 5 laps in and already got a 2:29.04

my dad and I are having so much fun out here. 4 more sessions to go.

92CE6DB3-9112-4947-ACC2-EAA30862416E.jpegA6DDE657-6451-4D71-9E60-BFCE4D463DB4.jpeg2440EF4A-7927-4B3B-B9F6-9B9B53262A74.jpeg6573E672-599E-4EF6-B2EA-F6C085D67B54.jpeg884B9138-1A00-4D0D-90F7-51AAB3E601A5.jpegB41DC7BA-F231-4DF1-A72C-C92421FB2A85.jpeg08E4F959-3125-45F8-99DC-8AD7A2BFEF7E.jpeg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors