The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 Mustang Roundup possible date Change??? 10th Annual Event!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I got some very valuable information from Arizona Boss , today , and I passed it on to George Anderson ( Mgr and head Bacardi Bus driver at MPH) early this morning. The event has normally been held the middle of September , but in 2020 the NASA Nationals are being held at the former Miller Motorsports Park ( UMC) and I believe there is a huge desire by many to travel to the ex- Ford Performance School site. Granted Ford will still have the Off Road School there in Utah, but the road course venue will now be shifted to Charlotte. Since so many might want to venture out there George and I are thinking the first week in October might be a great date ( bit cooler , and alot of racing is over by October around the Country, etc. )? We may even attract some Autocrossers that do both Time Trials and Autocrossing, yet could not attend our event that occurs so close to the end of the Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska. The Nationals are always held over the Labor Day weekend, so it can crowd our date if that weekend is late?

So put down you thoughts and I will see if George can post his survey here , in addition to the www.racemph.com website.

Lastly, VoodooBoss wants to come back again in 2020, since he had such a good time, and as he will likely be at the NASA Nationals , this new date may drag his butt back to the plains of Cornland!?

Last edited:
I'll be at the NASA Nationals? I think you are referring to ArizonaBoss or BlackBoss.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This should work well for many since this year's date was so close to the NASA Nationals and the Solo Nationals ( in Lincoln , Ne.). Those big,key events were a bit of a deterrent to making it to Hastings. Many of the NASA and SCCA Regions are pretty much finished racing by October , so this date might miss many of the conflicts, plus it might fulfill that burning rubber desire of the genus Trackraticus to make that one last foray onto the bitumen with their BFG,Bridgestone or Bibendum auto donuts!?

This would defiantly help on the car show side too. Being same weekend of one of the biggest car shows in the Midwest really hampers that side of the weekend. Regardless we still get to see a 1 of 1 Boss429 every year.

Then cooler air=more horsepower=faster times, can't lose there. May need to put more aero on your car to keep you on track.

TMO Supporting Vendors