The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

2020 Mustang Roundup , the 10th Anniversary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the photos and nice looking original GT350's. How did Todd do in the autocross with the Mach E?

BadBoss

Russ Marsh
So I talked to the Ford guy driving the Mach e, it wasn’t Todd. He said he was only 3 seconds slower on the short autocross than driving his GT350. He thought with good tires and a third motor it would out do his car.
Here’s a clip of the old Gt350s on track. They were from Colorado, appeared to be father son cars but not sure. Dry sump setup small blocks, guessing high compression race gas. They weren’t terribly forthcoming.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuFtOp90bg
They did drive the shiznit out of them though! At least until they broke.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Here’s a clip of the old Gt350s on track. They were from Colorado, appeared to be father son cars but not sure. Dry sump setup small blocks, guessing high compression race gas. They weren’t terribly forthcoming.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuFtOp90bg
They did drive the shiznit out of them though! At least until they broke.
Unfortunate to hear they broke, but hey, that's bound to happen when you beat the hell out of cars. They sound amazing.

I don't have to many more pics other than the one's I have already shared. Been seeing lots of photos that others are sharing on facebook. It was a good weekend, lots of info on the Mach E, few GT500 carbon packs on track, seeing the old GT350's on track was real neat, and was funny running behind them watching them drive them, defiantly a drivers car not like the luxury cars most of us wheel around.
Got some seat time in the new 350, it performs as advertised just need more seat time. Those Sport Cup2's work pretty good, but don't last long, well maybe they do, but not when I am driving. I know I wouldn't drive them in the rain with the amount of tread that I don't have so may try to hit a track day yet to run them down to the cords and get something different.
Here's another video

If you guys like seeing the old gt350s on track and boss 302’s hit up a vintage event next summer that close to you. I used to work for a vintage team when I was 17-24 (best job and experience in my life!) and there are races all over the country. I live in Wisconsin and there is a huge vintage race in July at road America it’s awsome here is their a couple of websites www.svra.com and www.hsrrace.com. Also if I can find pics I used to work on a 1966 gt350 it was #002 it was amazing sorry to hijack the thread.

TMO Supporting Vendors