The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

2020 Mustang Roundup , the 10th Anniversary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
I understand , though confused about your comments, this is just a Regional Track Event that started 10 years ago primarily due to the efforts of a couple of guys on Boss Mustangs Online , the predecessor to Track Mustangs Online....

Bill,
You are great to organize these events. No Doubt.

I am saying that this event would be really nice at a track that is one of a few road racing tracks that get good professional events: Like Mid-Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta.....

You could pigging back with an event already announced like a vintage car race weekend.

The Ford engineers can certainly go up the chain for the extra funds. Ford may send a trailer with the new Ford GT500 and a new 2021 Bronco?

I see that the famous Monterrey Historics at Laguna Secca Is now cancelled. Not a pick.

Just a couple months out yet. Wanted to throw out if anyone is interested in some slicks, wheels, or other goodies let me know. I have a few items listed in the link below and can always bring them out to the event so you wouldn't have to pick up or worry about shipping.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Well, SCCA Solo Nationals got cancelled, so fingers crossed you get a few more people that had decided to make a long trip to that instead of the Roundup. I'd like to go myself, but logistics are such that I can't.

If anyone from the Northeast is going, I'm looking for help in picking up a couple parts from a member in Nebraska. 🙏

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Starting the first week in October instead of our normal time frame of September should really help, and it takes almost all of the September conflicts. With Solo and Road Racing Nationals cancelled with SCCA and the National Time Trials and Racing cancelled with NASA, the Ford and Mustang Roundup should be open to many drivers who may have had a conflict. Hope to beat our record of 24 TMO members showing up last year , making us the largest group of Mustang owners there by far. We do usually get a good group from the Shelby Club and of course Mustang Club of America, but TMO is becoming the " Group !"
Of course when folks get there many of us are sure to suggest to others that TMO is the Forum/Club to join!!!

This was posted on facebook yesterday:

Fellow Ford Track Enthusiasts,
To say 2020 has been unique would be an understatement. Things at Motorsports Park Hastings have been no exception. As one of the new MPH ownership team, I am glad to say that we are open again and having a great time on track despite the challenges of COVID.
As a past participant in the Mustang Round-Up, I wanted to reach out personally and let you know that we are still having the event Oct 1-4 within the guidelines for COVID19 response. We will have a smaller group this year by design to allow for social distancing and have established procedures to limit person to person interactions within each person’s comfort level.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again to enjoy our mutual passion for Ford products. Although we always have a few surprises, I can share that:
Ford engineers Mike Berardi, Bart Marowelli, and Bill Dowling will all be attending with their personal cars (yes Bart finally bought his own GT350R)
we are planning to have a new Mustang Mach E onsite
at least 2 new 2020 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack cars will be out setting the new standard for showroom stock lap times
2017 Ford GT will be out again
great new restaurant, The Wandering Well at MPH opened in the Club House this year and will be catering for us
you will see both on and off track facilities improvements made during our shut down period as the new owners continue to invest in the quality of experience
We have noticed many last minute registrations for events this year due to COVID concerns. I would ask that you please consider registering here soon if you plan to attend so we can prepare for you.
Sincerely,
Todd Soderquist
(that Ford guy) & Partner, Motorsports Park Hastings
RaceMPH.com

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Was at the track this weekend and lots of many improvements with more to come and they repainted the curbings so old men like me can see them at 90 mph -----yep with practice you can enter three at 90! The offshoot ( literally ) is if you miss it you go Into the alfalfa and get the infamous F.A.R.T. sticker --- Ford Alfalfa Racing Team!! The track was a blast this weekend for NASA and the new owners are definitely doing plenty of cool things, and reminder the Pump and Pantry just down the road a piece ( Midwest for less than a mile ) has 100 Octane race fuel, so no need to drag fuel cans ,and it is an actual pump so you can mix with the 91 Octane they also carry there.

Tell your friends as this has been a bucket event for many and it will be every bit as much fun and there is always plenty of track time. Remember you get actual times here , unlike most track outings. Feel free to call me also if you have any questions , I have been at all 9 previous events and would not miss the 10th !

www.racemph.com Ford and Mustang Roundup

I'm glad to see the event is still on for this year. Unfortunately I won't be making it as I'm not flying for a while.

To soften the blow I got an invite to the GT500 Track Tour at Sonoma Raceway on September 19th, a day after my birthday, so that will have to do. BTW I'm hoping Ford has the new Mach E in attendance as I'd like to see one in person. I'd love to talk to an engineer working on the project to share my thoughts on what Tesla is doing right and what Audi with their E-Tron is doing wrong. I'm hoping the Mach E is a big success for Ford.

Pretty sure you will approve of the color too TMS, ha!!??

I have the baby non R version Heritage edition @TMSBOSS, but have a lot to do and little time to have it ready to go on track. May have to go see if i can rent my old car from the guy that bought it so i can run the modified class one last time @suprmn. Either way I will be there.

TMO Supporting Vendors