The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

2020 Mustang Roundup , the 10th Anniversary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Edited to include event info....

If you plan on making it, click the Going button on this page:

Dates: October 1-4, 2020
Event Registration Link: http://www.racemph.com/registration-2020-mustang-roundup/
/Edit

This year will be the 10th Anniversary of the Mustang Roundup and rumors abound that VoodooBoss will again be in attendance! Also our friends at Ford are promising another big surprise that they will bring to the event ( boy were folks sorry they did not show up to see the GT 500 pound the pavement all day on Saturday). There is one issue concerning the date of the event, so we ask you to go to the site if you are thinking of attending , and fill out the survey. There are actually two dates listed at present , with the first tentative date being Sept. 10-13th and the second being Oct. 1-4th.

My concern, and I know some others , is that the SCCA Solo Nationals are being held in Lincoln, Nebraska from Sept. 7th through the 11th , and I know we have some Autocrossers that will not attend the Roundup on that date because the Nationals is a huge event ( close to 1400 drivers each year ) and they could not make both. The other major issue for many of us who do Time Trials or Road Race is the September date is exactly the same as the NASA National Championship at Utah Motorsports Campus. Many of us are planning to attend that, myself included. I know of 4 racers and Time Trialers who would not make the event due to the dates of the NASA Nationals.

So my personal view is the October date makes more sense and would suggest a vote for that date, as I believe it would ensure a better turnout. The 10th Anniversary should be a big party , so we hope to make it around a time that many of you can attend?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet there's a Mach-E GT there. No opinion on the dates here.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ford and Mustang Roundup X has been renamed to mirror the early years a bit more. This will still be 90% Mustangs , but if you have Focus RS , AC Cobra, etc., let them know as there will be some big surprises for the 10th Anniversary. We will also be back at the IMAX for the Ford Engineer's presentation so no way you want to miss that!?

Keep checking www.racemph.com to see the registration opening for the October , 2020 happening. Bucket List Mustang Event, the Roundup this year should be the one everyone tries to make?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That pulls up the " Car Show" Registration and the racing registration will be up soon, with a benefit for those that sign up early.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Hey Bill ! So the question for me is...being a 20hr. drive. Do I just road trip it in the Boss, do the car show, run some laps, hang out and eat to much then drive home..... or trailer the Boss and bring the full kit of spares etc.? What level of racing is involved? My Boss is pretty much stock and I could just bring a spare with me if I drive it. Hmmmm.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Trailer and get in 3-4 days of driving , and there is Instructors there also. Times are recorded , but drivers are put in their experience level, so comfortable for all. I know Tyme, TMS, and I will each buy you a beer if you come all the way from the Province or Ontario, and I will put the challenge out there for others to welcome you with the USMCA Act - Unselfish Shelby and Mustang Canadianracer Appreciation!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Knowing TMS's generosity, there could be a craft Vodka ( Lifted Spirit ) bottle in the mix. Heh, it is cold up in the Provinces , we need to help keep your utility bills down.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
As long as we don’t have to wait for the driving to start to have a beer, I’m in.
The night before at the roadhouse is always a great way to meet the new folks. Looking forward to cold beer and free BS.
I pulled my trailer last year from Mississippi. Would not consider not having the trailer. Parts and tools often come in handy.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Due to the Buy Out and the new owners, there is not as long a window for the early bird discount. In the past it usually ran prior to Christmas, but the actual closing on MPH did not finalize till early December, so the program was late coming out. But, no worries it is continuing , and for those that want the extra savings and a bit more track time, sorry the window of opportunity is a bit shorter. Thanks for posting this up Tyme, I was out of town for a few days and could not post up George's message to me about the discount!

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bill, the site wouldn't take any of my credit cards. Perhaps I could use yours in the meantime? PIN number too please!!! :D

Seriously, it kept saying both my AE and Visa were not good but my wife just used them at the store. Is it a glitch in the site?

TMO Supporting Vendors