The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

2020 Mustang Roundup , the 10th Anniversary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think there is an open day for members at the Hastings track in May, but I have to be able to get my car out of the shop by then, and with things shut down , who knows if I will have the beast back by then.

Hoping to destroy some tires soon, and looks like moving the Mustang Roundup to early October might be fortuitous!!??!!

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
I know how hard it is to organize an event. Very hard.

My last event west of the Mississippi River was that place in Texas at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA). I know it it is a F-1 track, but it still sucked for a Mustang car. A guy needs a light F-1 car or maybe a light weight early Porsche car?

I say Road America where a Mustang will shine.
RAm2010a.jpg

RAm2010p.jpg

The #69 car was a dude from England and in the F-2 series. Ok, he nailed me in the race. I enjoyed screwing with him.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
But if you decide to drag your butt all the way out to Nebraska remember there is a bit of cereal malt beverage consumption later to help support the breadbasket of America and a bunch of folks get really fast bench racing. The track is safe , reasonably quick and those with stock or slightly modified Stangs do very well . Did I mention many get faster as the evening goes on? With the Ford Engineers showing up , it is a Blue Oval Bash ( with beer ) and alot of future stuff slips out or some think it does ,ha. Really cool to spend days with positive, optimistic souls from around the Country and Corporate who just live in the joy of a fast American built car and all the innovations that honestly continue to occur and expand. This year is the Ford and Mustang Roundup , so we actually hope to see some older machines, some Focus RS or ST machines, SVOs, Cobra Rs, and more. Think about it , you are semi retired or retired and you could stay at my house on the way ---- we have a nice little shed in the back we put our riding lawn mower in.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
You are getting forgetful, I told you you could sleep in my race trailer, because I could hook up a portable fan close to the side door to keep you cool!

Bill,
I've slept in car trailers for a long time. So no problem.
VDCA1.jpgVDCAa.jpg

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
Well start saving your pennies, I will get your first beer, and TMS might even share a very special bottle of Vodka with you, ha.

Bill,
I was trying to scare some of you off my car. It isn't working. ;)

I'd ask for a 1/2 lap head start for being a rookie here?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, I am not worried we have various Classes and you can run with me ,Tracy, Tyme and a few others in the Ancient Automobile Racing People Class --A.A.R.P. Class!!

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
It's racing. No one is immune to any wrecks.

This is the wreck that caused Road America to change the hill before the start line. I luckily qualified poorly so missed this:
vracing.jpg
vracing2.jpg

Racing is speed and really good luck.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
Road Atlanta changed the track many years ago. They smoothed out the dip and created T-10a and T-10b.

You race as fast as you can beyond the black flag station. You brake hard into T-10a and roll into T-10b. It's all balls on fire going up the hill to the bridge and T-11:

Jeff2.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors