The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

2020 Mustang Roundup , the 10th Anniversary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
When does registration close for this event?

Due to COVID I am pushing out a big vacation that I was planning to fit the Roundup into. Between that and the inability to get the CC stuff processed before, I'm not sure that I'm going to make it anymore.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We usually keep it open till a couple of weeks out, so you should be in good shape. Though always good to register as soon as one can, as there is a point where we have to cut off entrees as we all like " Lots" of track time!!

drano38

Wayne
Was really looking forward to meeting you Drew. Hope you can work things out.
+1 on that.
After all the years of great posts, advice, etc, it would be great to see you Drew, and of course your car.
Hope things come together so you can make it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'll see what happens, guys. It would be great to put faces to names with the TMO Family, finally.

George is throwing out discounts still, make sure you get signed up.

2020 Event Information on our web-page click here
2020 Pricing (Check or CC add 3% if CC)
Qualified Drivers Friday/Saturday $509 until 7/4/20
Qualified Drivers Friday/Sunday $559 until 7/4/20
New Drivers Friday/Sunday (school Friday) $649 until 7/4/20
Crew packs for your guests $75

All four meals are included in 2020 including Lunch Fri/Sat,
Friday night BBQ party and Saturday night Awards Dinner.
Crew Packs for your guests are $75 and include all meals.
Buy the Crew Packs for your guests.

Registration is open and once you "Submit" we will be in touch to get your payment handled. You do not need a credit card to register. We will contact you to see if you're wanting to use a Card or perhaps mail a check instead.
George​

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks CoBoss and everyone keep in mind this is the 2020 TMO Annual Gathering, so ;

1. Tyme to meet other TMO members.
2. Tyme to see what tricks others have done to their Mustangs.
3. Tyme to see if you are as fast in your car as on your couch.
4. Tyme to hang out with Ford Engineers!
5. Tyme to get out of the Cabin and get a different Fever --- race fever.
6. Tyme to party with a bunch of other Mustang Maniacs.
7. Tyme to eat right at the track or at Race Venues --- included.
8. Tyme to take home your awards or memories.
9. Tyme to fill in one of the events on you Bucket List.
10. Tyme to wear your TMO T Shirt and intimidate all those drivers who are not in the know!!

................and do now, as it is the right Tyme to save a little money!

Ouch. That will make a grown man cry.
Wrecks are never something you want to see or worse go thru....But, like mentioned before, they can come with the territory...that's the chance you take when you thirst for the need for speed and all that comes with it.....Had my warrior wounds when I totaled my '04 GT and fractured my clutch leg above the knee.....off the track, on a wet road...I knew this might happen when I realized the car didn't come with traction control.....no excuse...I know..................

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Note: Above comment is not about the Mustang Roundup , 302Bob is referencing an off subject picture earlier in this thread about a bad accident with vintage racers at Road America. Just making sure folks are not wondering about this event as the comment is related to something else entirely -------now back to our favorite program.

TMO Annual Get Together -- First Week in October, Ford and Mustang Roundup ( consider getting your buddies with Focus RS. STs, Mustang SVOs, etc. to sign up too ) !!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
To all those planning on going to this event, please go up and click on the Overview link at the top of this thread and then click on the "Going" button on that page. This will help us all see who we can expect to run into at Hastings that weekend.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This is a nice blend , as it is like an HPDE in the sense that there are designated passing zones, but things are also timed . This serves as a way to see how you are doing, helps get folks in line based on their times , and lets folks compete for awards if they want. We have Instructors there also , so it is the best of all Worlds and there is also an Autocross competition. Lots of fun stuff and it is a perfect situation for everyone's comfort zone because you can treat it just like an HPDE or get more serious if you want.
As far away as you are you definitely would want to do more than one day!

drano38

Wayne
An “Off” at Hastings results in a need to vacuum alfalfa from your car along with membership in “FART”. I have the sticker to prove it.
Good times
“Ford Alfalfa Racing Team”

I resemble that comment! I think it was Roundup IV, I came around 13, back end kicks out, I steer into it (too much) and shoot half way across the infield towards the front straight. When I put the roll bar in a few years later, I found alfalfa leaves around the rear seat. At least I avoided the tire wall in front of the ambulance.
Of course the best FART was a driver giving his daughter a ride during parade laps. I think he had a couple bushels on the splitter.
But overall, MPH is a safe track.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
You'll find all levels of driving in Hastings and good instruction if needed. I'm an HPDE guy and always felt comfortable and safe at this event. I too have harvested some alfalfa there and earned my FART sticker.

Don't know the limit of your car until you have gone off track, just don't do it on turn 13 in front of everyone, been there 3 times, but never in the sand.. :oops: Actually found a video of a couple off track ventures, look to the left at 10:04 and 11:45, then I took a small trip right at the end.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
What's the cost to have someone trailer my car there from chicago?

I say the going price is expensive. You are paying a middleman to tow your car with his truck, crew, and tent. The going price in vintage is $6000/ weekend. That doesn't include pre-race preparation and post-weekend expenses.

I always had my own truck and trailer. I had a few friends that would help me for being at a race track (free crew tickets and beer--they started drinking early).

It's the old rule: If you want to enjoy a small fortune in road racing, you need to start with a large fortune.

TMO Supporting Vendors