The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 gets testing time at the Nürburgring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Looks like they might be ironing out the final suspension settings and engine tuning for the new Mustang Mach 1. Or it's just another photo op.

Video:

Wonder how many new Mach 1 owners will actually track these cars, given how they will likely be limited production. On paper they sound like they'll be very capable track toys.

In the V6L
That's just weird. Short shifting at maybe 5k RPM? What's that about? Could be it was a handling check, or maybe the cars weren't cooler equipped, or something. The chassis were working hard but the engines weren't.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Sometimes the Ring Track Officials place restriction on track speeds. It was raining on portions of the track.

But who knows?

Yes they were AT’s

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
That's just weird. Short shifting at maybe 5k RPM? What's that about? Could be it was a handling check, or maybe the cars weren't cooler equipped, or something. The chassis were working hard but the engines weren't.

They all have coolers. No more taking risks like on the first couple years of the GT350 and having coolers only on Track pack. All Mach1s have all the coolers. Then you simply opt for manual (Tremec) or 10spd Auto, and choose the Handling Pack or not (bigger wheels and tires, extra splitter, bigger wing). However, as far as I knwo the aero bits are not available in Europe (hence why these 2 cars don't have them) for homologation reasons.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
They all have coolers. No more taking risks like on the first couple years of the GT350 and having coolers only on Track pack. All Mach1s have all the coolers. Then you simply opt for manual (Tremec) or 10spd Auto, and choose the Handling Pack or not (bigger wheels and tires, extra splitter, bigger wing). However, as far as I knwo the aero bits are not available in Europe (hence why these 2 cars don't have them) for homologation reasons.
Are you able to elaborate yet on the cooling that was added for the 10 spd auto? Several guys on here are early pioneers with tracking the 10 spd, and all issues have been keeping them cool. Anxiously waiting to see what the factory solution is.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I'm not sure what they did for the 10spd auto but most of the work we did was with the Tremec and its oil cooler from the GT350. FYI, the Tremec has rev match now in the Mach 1, so i really don't see the appeal of the auto unless you want to drag race i guess.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Driver preference & I prefer the MT too. But this new AT10 is a good, a really good one and it could change a few minds on a test drive.

In my case a 2012 Boss 302, I think FoMoCo did a great job in gear ratio selection of the MT82 especially 2nd thru 5th gears. It’s just a fun car to drive.

TMO Supporting Vendors