The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Preview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Looks like no DCT.....if its a mt-82....forget that

GT350's Tremec with trans cooler and added rev matching.

@Ron McCall , we wanted to use the GT350 front fenders but with the side vent, they visually would have made the car too close to a GT350, plus they cost quite a lot of money to produce (low production numbers + extra parts = high production cost per part), and they would have required a different homologation for countries in Europe too, which would have made it almost impossible to sell there.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would sure imagine they would install the Tremec T3060, since the HP is virtually equal to the GT350, and more enlightening the torque is even higher!! I think we might be safe Tony, the MT-82 does not make sense with the 5.0 liter , 500+ hp of the Mach Uno !!

yotah1 - thank you for that information! Any chance it will have more than the 480hp of the Bullitt? I know Ford always seems to initially under-sell the hp of the high performance Mustangs until closer to the production date.

If I didn't have a 2020 350R on a train car heading my way right now I would order a Mach1. Seems like a great halfway house between a PP2 and a GT350 with all of the right improvements (Tremec, axle cooler, swing).

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
HP has been reported by numerous sources at 525 HP, with torque at 450 ft. lbs............those numbers tell me a Tremec makes complete sense! Champale ....have only seen reports over 500 hp, so to answer your Bullitt question it sure looks well beyond that models power levels!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
From Car & Driver this morning:

“In the Mach 1, the 5.0-liter V-8 pumps out 480 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque—the same output as the Steve McQueen–inspired Bullitt—and comes standard with the six-speed manual transmission from the Shelby GT350, now with rev matching, although a 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters is available.

The Mach 1's 5.0-liter V-8 gets some good stuff from the Shelby GT350, too, including its intake manifold, oil-filter adapter, and engine oil cooler. Additionally, the Mach 1 has the GT350's front and rear subframe with stiffer bushings. It gets a few things from the 760-hp Shelby GT500 as well, including the rear axle cooling system, rear toe link, and rear diffuser—and there are four new 4.5-inch exhaust tips sticking out the back. Better yet, MagneRide dampers are standard on the Mach 1.

Wannabe Carroll Shelbys who want the most aggressive and capable Mach 1 can opt for the manual-only Handling package, which includes exclusive staggered 10.5-/11-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, adjustable front strut top mounts, an even higher-downforce front splitter, and a swing rear spoiler with Gurney flap from the GT500. Ford claims that the Handling package's upgrades, along with the Mach 1's new underbelly pan—which is 20 inches longer than the Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1's pan—give the Mach 1 150 percent more downforce than the PPL1 Mustangs.”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32852072/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-revealed/

1137EB77-E80D-443D-9649-FB1FF606A58B.jpeg
12DCECF7-B668-4229-94B9-B837892A7E6F.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang .......well Autoweek popped it out also , so all those upbeat numbers were just that , but the manual is reported to be .....drum roll........the Tremec!! Love that comment from the Autoweek article!!! Thanks GTA for the correction, sure wish those other rumors had been true.

Tremec Tranny is one Triumph, though!

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Ha, beat me to it. I just got the R&T article this morning too:

As much as I've been put off by the 2018 front end since it debuted, I am actually liking it on the Mach 1. I still like the 15-17 headlights a little better, but the bumper changes have made a huge difference.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina

As much as I've been put off by the 2018 front end since it debuted, I am actually liking it on the Mach 1. I still like the 15-17 headlights a little better, but the bumper changes have made a huge difference.

I feel the same way. Is that avalanche gray on the performance package? I hope so...

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I feel the same way. Is that avalanche gray on the performance package? I hope so...
From one of the articles I read. At first glance I thought it was an Oxford white, but in the videos you can really see the gray color. Very cool.

“Ford is offering an appearance package for the new Mach 1 that only comes in Fighter Jet Gray, and it has a ton of orange accents. Those satin-black side and hood stripes have Appearance pack–exclusive orange trim, the Brembo brakes are orange, and the seats have an orange bar stitched across the back.”

the 18+ front end is the most disgusting design decision i ever saw on a mustang.......

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
the 18+ front end is the most disgusting design decision i ever saw on a mustang.......
I take it you haven't seen the second generation Mustangs, you lucky bastard.

I could cut thru the sarcasm with a sharp chain saw...........a dull one would probably do.....heck a pocket knife and we're done.............................Hey, This is a family show...Tyme Out!!!...............where's that darn water pistol????????????.....It must be stuck in the dam.............................the peanut gallery is leaving...for good reason........

TMO Supporting Vendors