The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Preview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Bottom line, great to have choices and I’m glad the 1LE applied the needed pressure for Ford to step up their track car game on the 5.0L lineup.
Agree with this sentiment. I know some are disappointed about certain things, but I'm liking the Mach 1, even if it is closer to a PP3 variant than a GT350 replacement. Can't say I'm in the market for one, but I'm glad others will be able to enjoy them.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
GM has always one upped Ford on tires, because they stuff as big a set of air filled rubber as possible and Ford tends to go with undertired and often even tiny tubulars up front ( can you say, " Let's induce push to keep our consumers safe!"). Seems once we bump up to similar levels we see the Stangs unraveling a Bowtie. Move from GT350 to GT350R for a perfect example( bigggg rhubarb one da R ) and I often wonder how much that little bit of extra track speed is contributed to the wider Sport Cups on Big Daddy? Well, we already know even bigger rubber will fit under a GT 350 and that sure helps many decide to go with either Stang. Besides the Mustang is beauteous and Camaro is butteaous!

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Have there been any updates for the Mach 1? Order banks, production date etc. Asking for a friend.
Wonder if the Ford reps who will be at the Mustang Roundup next weekend might have some info they can share...

If I can make it to the event I'll be sure to ask.

TMO Supporting Vendors