The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
I want to get these one day. So, here comes a potentially silly question: How?
Did you go to the local parts department and order them? Or order them online?
(I've searched several web sites and haven't found OEM Mach 1 springs.)

Hey man, not a silly question at all.

Yes you will be able to get the springs from any Ford parts department you are happy with. As long as you have the part numbers, you can order online, call and order from your local parts department, etc. I will send you a private message with the contact details of the guy I have used for quite a while, and he can get you a very reasonable price including shipping.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
As with most searches on the internet. When looking for car parts, google usually sends you to the companies which pay them!! The popular sites concentrate on marketing over delivery.
Find a good dealership linked site and use it religiously and the relationship will likely pay off. I use south Florida ford. They are a sponsor here and have always shipped promptly.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
DFW
I want to get these one day. So, here comes a potentially silly question: How?
Did you go to the local parts department and order them? Or order them online?
(I've searched several web sites and haven't found OEM Mach 1 springs.)
Ive had good success with LevittownFord parts if the local dealer sucks. Ive used their chat function online to double check part numbers before.

Big update to report - My 2027 Schroth ASM Harness arrived a few weeks ago after a 2-3 month wait. This is the last component I was waiting on to install the Watson cage, which I completed this week.

Other than being a pain in the ass, the install was pretty straightforward. A big thank you to several forum members here who helped me out - you know who you are.

Most you already know, but this is definitely a two person job, especially when drilling and mounting up the back legs to the rear crossmember. On my car, I did have to slightly bend a few brake lines and hoses out of the way so that they do not rub the cage mounting plates. Also, I did aquire some trim panels from a salvage car so I did not have to cut up my originals.

The only drama I encountered was that I had to chase down an airbag code - Forscan identified a fault in the RCM with "Code: B1415:93 - Driver Side Restraints Sensor 3 - No Operation". I ultimately came to find that a pin had come loose in the connector for the driver side impact sensor along the B pillar. Not sure how that happened but I suspect it got pulled on or something without me knowing.

As a fun note, my wife (who also tracks) came out to the garage to do a welfare check on me and saw that the car had been stripped out. She made the comment that removing all of that weight would probably make the car faster. Of course, I agreed with here and then tried to make a sales pitch to leave all of that weight out but I didn't get so lucky...it was an immediate "NO, put the trim back in for a while at least" 😂 . So, all the weight went back into the car. At least it looks nice for a track car :)

I test drove the car around town for a few hours today and no squeak or rattles. I'm pretty happy with it an looking forward to using it out on track.

Here are some photos:
View attachment 73056
View attachment 73055
View attachment 73048
View attachment 73047
View attachment 73046
View attachment 73044
View attachment 73043
View attachment 73051
View attachment 73053
View attachment 73054
View attachment 73052
View attachment 73050
View attachment 73049

This should be it for a while aside from maintenance. I am eyeballing some Girodisc rotors in the near future to replace my rotors that have been heat checking for a while.

Cheers!
The only drama I encountered was that I had to chase down an airbag code - Forscan identified a fault in the RCM with "Code: B1415:93 - Driver Side Restraints Sensor 3 - No Operation". I ultimately came to find that a pin had come loose in the connector for the driver side impact sensor along the B pillar. Not sure how that happened but I suspect it got pulled on or something without me knowing.

Hey buddy, funny, I ripped that same sensor's wire right off the connector when I installed my Schroth's 🤦‍♂️! The wire routing must be such that it's easy to snag when removing or reinstalling the quarter trim. Don't tell anyone, but I drove it like that for a little while 😮

This is the Build Thread for Mach 1. Reply below.
Just wanted to let you know that your Mach 1 handling package build thread was awesome, complete detail on every part and number every step of the way once again, that’s amazing and helpful,
I myself have done the same thing transformed a non-HP into a HP package, I have not completed the suspension yet the springs and sway bar, my question being when you replaced the original springs from the non-HP to the springs from the HP package how much of a drop did you notice in the suspension, I mean how much less wheel gap, I’m a little hesitant before I go ahead. I have a significant wheel gap at the moment, and I want to lower that gap a bit. I was also considering the steeda spring kit, what is your experience with the Ford performance springs,
Thanks in advance

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great question but do keep in mind you will be putting bigger meats in those wheel wells and you will want clearance for everything. A nice set of 19x11s, Apex or Forgelines that you can rotate is always a good choice.

This is the Build Thread for Mach 1. Reply below.
I just ordered the rest of the handling package Mach one components to add to my 2023 non-handling package Mach one, I purchased the front and rear springs the adjustable camber plates, and the rear swaybar. I used the parts numbers that I have listed below,
I provided the parts guy with both a non-handling package Vin number and the handling package Vin number and he told me that these parts are not a fit for either,
Given my endless research on this form, as well as Posts I went ahead and ordered the parts regardless,
Can anybody confirm that these are indeed the part numbers that they ordered for their handling package conversion?

IMG_2332.jpegIMG_2388.png

I just ordered the rest of the handling package Mach one components to add to my 2023 non-handling package Mach one, I purchased the front and rear springs the adjustable camber plates, and the rear swaybar. I used the parts numbers that I have listed below,
I provided the parts guy with both a non-handling package Vin number and the handling package Vin number and he told me that these parts are not a fit for either,
Given my endless research on this form, as well as Posts I went ahead and ordered the parts regardless,
Can anybody confirm that these are indeed the part numbers that they ordered for their handling package conversion?

View attachment 92422View attachment 92423
Thanks out to raidernixon for the parts sheet

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX

View attachment 92422View attachment 92423
All of the parts you ordered will work. However, I highly recommend canceling the Ford camber plates and going with Vorshlag. The Ford ones are terrible in my opinion and a pain in the ass to adjust with any reasonable accuracy (my GT500 has them and I hated them enough to avoid going with them on my M1)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree with Raider Nixon and that was why I suggested the Vorshlags in an earlier thread. I worked for a Ford Store for close to 27 years and the tech I used for all my track cars mentioned how much better the Vorshlag was for adjustment. Understand you wanting to keep it close , but there were quite a few guys out there that switched over the stock. No offense , Raider and I are just offering our experience from our past and current usage.

All of the parts you ordered will work. However, I highly recommend canceling the Ford camber plates and going with Vorshlag. The Ford ones are terrible in my opinion and a pain in the ass to adjust with any reasonable accuracy (my GT500 has them and I hated them enough to avoid going with them on my M1)
Thanks for clarifying the parts, sometimes I think these dealership guys are just talking out of their ass,
I wanted to stick with the ford OEM camber plates because im not gonna be tracking the car so much, thus on the spot adjusting isn’t my top priority, it’s more so just completing the package and keeping it FP,
Is there any additional hardware needed to install the hp springs, adjustable camber plates and rear sway bar on the non hp,
Thanks in advance

Agree with Raider Nixon and that was why I suggested the Vorshlags in an earlier thread. I worked for a Ford Store for close to 27 years and the tech I used for all my track cars mentioned how much better the Vorshlag was for adjustment. Understand you wanting to keep it close , but there were quite a few guys out there that switched over the stock. No offense , Raider and I are just offering our experience from our past and current usage.
Believe me that is why I’m here , I take your advice and knowledge with great respect, I’ll probably be one of the stubborn ones to swap them out to vorshlags in a year,😀

To clarify are they all a direct fit to the non hp

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel