The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2021 GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers crossed for a 2021 GT350 with a DCT.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think with Camaro talking heavily about ceasing production in the near future, Ford should keep on keeping on, and the GT 350 should be part of the mix. From PP2, to GT 350 , to GT 500 , there is a very definite ladder to climb for the Blue Oval Enthusiast and with others ceasing production the niche market gets smaller , making the Stangs even more desirable in my estimation.

The fact that the Mach E will have a performance model makes me think Ford is capitalizing on the Performance Image it generates Worldwide. We have to remember ,it is the #1 Sports Coupe in the World at present and the diversification of models is part of the mix.

I probably would still want a 6 speed manual, but the idea of a DCT is quite smart considering what Marketing says about more and more buyers. The problem with many of us , anymore , is our age , because walking into a Bar and commenting to a certain young lady, " Hello, I happen to drive a manual," would be a stellar pick up line, yet the fact that we could be her grandfather likely would put a damper on said comment. Just saying.......

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
I'll take a stab at a total guess;

GT350 is retired and replaced with the Mach I. I personally think the GT350 has run its course. There are many leftover models at dealer showrooms all over the country. Too many dealers sitting on MSRP or higher. Much of that is due to the GT500, but the 350 also hasn't changed much since 2015, a testament to its well engineered design.

From the rumor mill, the Mach I will be re-introduced as MY2021. Will they replace the Bullit or the GT350 with the Mach I?

In reading all the chit chat on the internet (we all know the internet doesn't lie), it appears the Mach I will be equipped with an optional Tremec 6 spd, Bullit Brembo's, GT500 swing rear spoiler/rear diffuser and rumors of a NA 5.2L. If that happens, it might push the GT350 performance wise and make the added bump in cost prohibitive to most buyers. Time will tell!

If you're looking for a deal on a GT350, give it a month or 2 and see what happens with COVID-19. We will know far more about the direction of our economy by then I hope.

In the V6L
I'll take a stab at a total guess;

GT350 is retired and replaced with the Mach I. I personally think the GT350 has run its course. There are many leftover models at dealer showrooms all over the country. Too many dealers sitting on MSRP or higher. Much of that is due to the GT500, but the 350 also hasn't changed much since 2015, a testament to its well engineered design.

From the rumor mill, the Mach I will be re-introduced as MY2021. Will they replace the Bullit or the GT350 with the Mach I?

In reading all the chit chat on the internet (we all know the internet doesn't lie), it appears the Mach I will be equipped with an optional Tremec 6 spd, Bullit Brembo's, GT500 swing rear spoiler/rear diffuser and rumors of a NA 5.2L. If that happens, it might push the GT350 performance wise and make the added bump in cost prohibitive to most buyers. Time will tell!

If you're looking for a deal on a GT350, give it a month or 2 and see what happens with COVID-19. We will know far more about the direction of our economy by then I hope.
This all makes sense, but it leads to a question - will the (possible) Mach 1 be a Ford Performance product or not? If yes, then it'll have coolers and properly calibrated ABS for track use. If it's built like a mainstream GT PP or a Bullitt, it'll be fast but it won't have the balance, endurance and tolerance for hijinx that the GT350 has.

This all makes sense, but it leads to a question - will the (possible) Mach 1 be a Ford Performance product or not? If yes, then it'll have coolers and properly calibrated ABS for track use. If it's built like a mainstream GT PP or a Bullitt, it'll be fast but it won't have the balance, endurance and tolerance for hijinx that the GT350 has.

i wish they would do a crazy mach 1....i remember the older body style ones....people putting 488 rear gears, slicks and removing a bunch of weight running 11’s in the 1/4

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Yep, totally agree. The GT350 was purpose built.
The original Mach I was never a corner carver but an option package much like the PP, whereas the GT350 and Bullit stand alone models.
If Ford were to keep with the traditional theme of Mustang history, a bonafide track model will be limited to 2 models ... and I don't see us going back to a Boss 302 for awhile. So then it becomes a question of whether Ford wants to change the Mach I's image to a premier level .... something I could see them doing for marketing purposes ... hint: Mustang Mach E

So those of you wanting a GT 350 , 350R, etc. we have a Heritage in the queue and believe we can still order an R!!

[email protected]

No, there is not any ADM on these cars, but contact me so I can let Mgmt. at the Dealership getting these know you are a TMO member!

if i had the money id get theR version

TMO Supporting Vendors