The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2022 Electric Mustang rendering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
IMHO, it’s a Ferrari superfast, Camaro, M8, and Tesla mashed up. I like it but would need to see the final product

I think it's got a lot of C7 'vette elements in it, the side profile in particular, but stuff like the fender vents as well.

Last edited:

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Artist rendering by "thesketchmonkey", aka a dude who never went to a design school, never worked as a designer but pretends to know better and " fix" actual designs that have been built with production constraints and years of work... that dude is getting so much flack in the design community lately, if his goal was to get noticed and find a job as a designer, he missed the point entirely.
It's a bit like if I was to open a Youtube channel and comment on spaceship projects or rockets or racecar aero, without any actual knowledge of the damn thing.

This hurts my eyes, seriously.
But don't worry guys, it won't look like this pile of ...

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Artist rendering by "thesketchmonkey", aka a dude who never went to a design school, never worked as a designer but pretends to know better and " fix" actual designs that have been built with production constraints and years of work... that dude is getting so much flack in the design community lately, if his goal was to get noticed and find a job as a designer, he missed the point entirely.
It's a bit like if I was to open a Youtube channel and comment on spaceship projects or rockets or racecar aero, without any actual knowledge of the damn thing.

This hurts my eyes, seriously.
But don't worry guys, it won't look like this pile of ...
But it's fun to play design when there are no limitations or requirements. I thought it looked decent, but I'm no design expert by any means. Looking forward to seeing what the pros come up with.

Reminds me of the time GM had a contest for the then new Camaro. This 17 year old kid freaking nailed it, won the award, and was in Hot Rod Magazine rave reviews..etc.
So GM.ignored it..
That Mach E, known to most Mustang fans as the Donk E, looks like ratfarts simply because the thing is is an SUV.
Now if Ford wants to get totally out of the domestic car market and run away with their tails between their legs like a beat puppy and leave the field to imports, well that's Ford's decision. It is still no justification for whoring out the Mustang name.

Wolvee

Full Time Nerd
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Historic Triangle
Seems like they might be doing something like when they brought back the Taurus. Stick the name on something (Big is easier to design) while they worked on the real thing.

I was all for EV but now that the EPA is showing it's power, I'm 100% against it. That still won't stop my wife from buying a Tesla though, lol.

TMO Supporting Vendors