The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2022 F1 Car Launches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I used to agree till watching Romaine Grosjean's accident a few years back and some recent issues with tires flying off. I am guessing you are talking about how much prettier the cars were then and no argument there at all.
yes we need a BoP for aesthetics.
At this point they might as well enclose the cockpit or hang a sprint car cage on them and mercilessly get it over with.
We could call them LMPF1

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Anyone watch that first race? Pretty interesting. Looks like there might be a 3-way fight this year, or maybe just a 2-way fight with different contenders. Should make for some good racing, since they can obviously get much closer to each other and dice it up easier without dealing with "dirty air" from the car ahead due to the aero changes that were introduced. Very cool.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
I tried to yesterday, but I ordered F1 TV Access and I have to wait 2 days before I can watch replays. Unfortunately I paid for this through the app on my phone which processed the payment though the Google Play store and it's now impossible to upgrade the service to the PRO version for same day replay and live streaming. :mad: .... all that to say, I'm itching to see the replay!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I tried to yesterday, but I ordered F1 TV Access and I have to wait 2 days before I can watch replays. Unfortunately I paid for this through the app on my phone which processed the payment though the Google Play store and it's now impossible to upgrade the service to the PRO version for same day replay and live streaming. :mad: .... all that to say, I'm itching to see the replay!
I was careful not to post any spoilers. :) They're still showing the races live on ESPN, for those who have that channel and can record them that way.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fun , fun race and lots of new surprises, along with more passes and new drivers near the front. Those of us into F1 are liking what we see and I am going to predict if the rest of the Season goes like yesterday, there will be plenty of new to F1 fans by year end!

Really looking forward to this year. I was giddy by lap 2 because it was obvious already they can follow so much closer with the new cars. So much more interesting as a viewer, and I imagine a lot more fun as a driver too. And the shakeups in what seem to be the relative constructors positions is really interesting too!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Really looking forward to this year. I was giddy by lap 2 because it was obvious already they can follow so much closer with the new cars. So much more interesting as a viewer, and I imagine a lot more fun as a driver too. And the shakeups in what seem to be the relative constructors positions is really interesting too!
There are some reports that the drivers say it doesn't feel much different, but from a spectator perspective, it sure looked like they were able to run closer without getting completely unsettled like you'd see in the past.

It's crazy that the top aero guys in the racing world can't quickly resolve the porpoising issues. It looks like Merc added a bunch of wing to try and reduce it and get more downforce, though sacrificing some straight line speed. And it was surprising to see the Honda/RBR engine issues.

Looks like an entertaining start to the season, though I have to say I'm really hoping McLaren does much better than they did in the first race. Nice to see Haas do well though with Magnussen though.

There are some reports that the drivers say it doesn't feel much different, but from a spectator perspective, it sure looked like they were able to run closer without getting completely unsettled like you'd see in the past.

It's crazy that the top aero guys in the racing world can't quickly resolve the porpoising issues. It looks like Merc added a bunch of wing to try and reduce it and get more downforce, though sacrificing some straight line speed. And it was surprising to see the Honda/RBR engine issues.

Looks like an entertaining start to the season, though I have to say I'm really hoping McLaren does much better than they did in the first race. Nice to see Haas do well though with Magnussen though.

Ah its porpoising. I was wondering is the track that bumpy but now it makes sense. It looked really rough.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
I watched it last night! What a great race! Not a Verstappen fan, so I was tickled with the result, but I would have been happier to have seen him take the place of first loser. I hope Sainz can compete with Leclerc. Great race! Really bummed to see Williams and Mclaren at the back. This should be a great season. I'm betting Mercedes turn it around and it's a three team battle royal.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I wanted to see the Super Sub Nico to better, but with a completely new car, no testing in it, and probably not even any sim time, I can see why he was off the pace. Hopefully he'll be in the sim all this week, and working on neck strength, in case Vettel is still out for Saudi Arabia.

Really hard to get used to Alpine looking like Force India.

Hubcaps didn't bother me as much as I thought they would. For getting rid of barge boards, there's still a lot of aero happening around the front of the sidepods.

With everyone paying so much attention to aero rule changes this year, engines may be the unexpected decider for the constructor's championship. Merc-AMG performed much better than the other Merc-powered cars (is AMG keeping good engines for themselves?); RBR/Honda engines looked good for 95% of the race, Renault is too small a sample size to analyze, but it looks like the big winners are all the Ferrari-powered teams.

I still hate ESPN with a passion for putting qualifying on a channel I don't get, and then locking me out from watching it online because I don't get the channel. I pay enough for cable already; I'm not paying even more money for some streaming package. And they dump out of the post-race analysis so they can play a repeat of regional cornhole semifinal or last night's Sports Center or some other junk.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually gotten used to Sky Sports and like the Commentators a lot more than the guys working the races 4-5 years ago. I would vote for Natalie Pinkham to wear the same top and skirt for the next race as she did a marvelous job interviewing, er, who did she interview, by the way!? Brundle is such a goof, but he was and for us old guys he is a bit of nostalgia from F1 racing past with the absolutely beautiful cars. Sorry to hear you get such lousy service Dave, as I switched to DirecTV years ago for coverage because it was the same price as cable in my area , for more channels. Rumor is we will be getting access to Cox soon, so will have to check their line-up also.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I still hate ESPN with a passion for putting qualifying on a channel I don't get, and then locking me out from watching it online because I don't get the channel. I pay enough for cable already; I'm not paying even more money for some streaming package. And they dump out of the post-race analysis so they can play a repeat of regional cornhole semifinal or last night's Sports Center or some other junk.
Yeah, the contractual obligations are ridiculous. Should be so much easier to watch what you want to watch these days.

TMO Supporting Vendors