The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#21 Mustang resurrection thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
He gonna terrorize that group, even on PSS's ;D I'll be fast though Steve, you'll have more than enough track there. Depending on who your instructor is we may be able to get u bumped for day 2. No promises but I'll try.

steveespo said:
Will be meeting up with Pete and some other friends on Sunday and will have many more photos and video of our 2 days of automotive Heaven.
Steve

Car looks awesome, good luck on her maiden voyage. I am sure you will tear up the track.

Watkins Glen is a great little town especially in the summer. Lots of nice cars driving through and don't forget the soft serve ice cream.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Glad the car is back on the track! :) BTW, love the Raxiom taillights. Looks like you did the headlights too? How's the light difference?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The 21 Car is back and running as well or better than ever. Loved the Michelin PSS tires, grip and control-ability that stayed solid for 7 sessions totaling 245 miles over 2 days.
Sadly Pete suffered clutch issues after session 1 on Day 1 that I will let him elaborate on when he is ready. We tried everything we could in the garage and he went to the local Ford dealer who was willing to do a swap Monday but couldn't get the parts in time to save Tuesday. Other than that there were 3 other Bosses, and 2 other Mustang GTs that were all fast.
WatkinsGlenAudi8_20095_zps21520f45.jpg
WatkinsGlenAudi8_20044_zpsded85504.jpg
WatkinsGlenAudi8_20072_zps1c50f883.jpg
Steve K's RR 2012 also running Michelins;
WatkinsGlenAudi8_20024_zpsfca65678.jpg

And a short video, absolute power corrupts absolutely!
[youtube]http://youtu.be/kvEEw2vIlu4[/youtube]

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
blacksheep-1 said:
Good to see it back on track....BTW what's with you BOSS guys and clutches?
Thanks. Don't know my clutch has 23500 on it and is fine, something is going on with the hydraulic throw out bearings and also disc marcel spring have been popping loose. RPM related?
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The 21 has risen again. Just completed my transmission and McLeod RST clutch swap that I started last weekend.
Fresh dual clutch fluid in the trans and installed my AN fittings with AN caps to have ports for my transmission cooler setup. Checked if using the fill port for pump supply port and there is no issue. The reverse gear idler is there and it is at least 1/2" inside the case, shifted to every gear and nothing moves in front of the fill port.

Got the clutch bled after 500 pumps, might do the vacuum bleed tomorrow, engagement is higher than stock so that will take some getting used to on starts. Clutch effort is lighter than stock and right now smoother. Driving the car shifted smooth, 2nd gear nibble until warmed up (only 54 today). I am very happy. Did not get a CEL yet, will drive some more tomorrow and get to 6500 some times to see if the relearn is gonna be needed.

Also put the high flow cats and GT 500 mufflers back on since I have a Nov 16 track day at Lime Rock with a 86dB sound check. Hopefully it doesn't snow, I don't have Blizzaks anymore.

Steve

That's great news Steve.

steveespo said:
Also put the high flow cats and GT 500 mufflers back on since I have a Nov 16 track day at Lime Rock with a 86dB sound check. Hopefully it doesn't snow, I don't have Blizzaks anymore.

Steve
86db? Yikes and I thought 90db at Laguna Seca was tough. ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors