The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#21 Mustang resurrection thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve,

First and most importantly, I'm glad to see your making progress with the repairs. Good luck getting her ready for the Glen in August.

Looking at your car undressed, I somehow feel guilty saying that :-[, I noticed that you have some sort of bracket on your pinch rail for jacking. I assume you jack one side of the car with that. Can you tell me where you got that?

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/IMG01911-20130530-1334_zps809fdf40.jpg

Next off topic question is about your tow hook bar. Looks like this replaces the stock bumper to save weight. I had looked at the Ford Racing bar, but that one appears to position the tow hook so that it goes thru the bumper cover, where as yours seems to put the tow hook below the bumper cover. Any info on where you got that would also be appreciated.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/IMG01927-20130608-0955_zps8161426a.jpg

Good luck with your repairs. I live in Rochester NY and get over to the Glen a couple of times a year. Hopefully, meet there some day. Best of luck with the repairs.

Blowfish racing has a tow hook like that.
http://stores.blowfishracing.com/-strse-3/2010-dsh-2013-Mustang-%28with-LS/Detail.bok

Steve,

Thanks for the info on the tow hooks. I definitely need to pick some up. Whats up with that jack point you seem to have mounted on your pinch weld. Is that semi permenantly mounted [i.e. won't fall off at the track] seems like a good alternative to the Kenny Brown jack rails since there's probably no welding involved. Let me know if I'm seeing that correctly and if it works out well for you. I'd be interested in something like that to speed up maintenance.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I bought the jack points from Lethal. They can be screwed on with 3/16" teks screws and or welded. Idid both, held in place with screws and then welded to the frame as well. The puck bears against the pinch weld and has feet that bear up against the rocker on either side. Lifts both wheels from the single lift point. I think they were $60 for the pair.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I want to get mine in today if I can. looks like I need to trim the pinch weld a bit to get them flush....

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
After graduation and parties for my daughter I finally got back to the shop Saturday morning. Got the GT500 fan assembly And condenser for the AC swapped in. Car is off the frame rack with no chassis issues. Body work begins this week. Aiming to return to the track on August 19 at Watkins Glen with the NE Audi club.
Steve

Did you get a garage space ?

-Pete

I bought the jack points from Lethal. They can be screwed on with 3/16" teks screws and or welded. Idid both, held in place with screws and then welded to the frame as well. The puck bears against the pinch weld and has feet that bear up against the rocker on either side. Lifts both wheels from the single lift point. I think they were $60 for the pair.
Steve

Thanks for the info. Looks like a pretty useful low cost mod.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Well finally we got the metal work started. I can't believe how well they are able to get the wheel arch character line and flare back. Lots of pulling hammering and heat shrinking going on.

I had a smile on my face like when my babies were born, the shop manager was laughing at me!
IMG01924-20130608-0921_zps9896b4a6.jpg
MustangQuarterrepair_zps482a16d5.jpg
Wheelarchroughout_zpsb689aff8.jpg
IMG01971-20130701-1148_zps46b12625.jpg

Going back tomorrow to see when we'll be painting.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
More progress, now we are getting close....

More body repair this time to the Right door;
Rtdoorrepair1_zps0af79834.jpg
RtDoorrepair2_zps8a967d0d.jpg

And as Madonna would say...Like a Virgin;
Paintbooth2_zpsf61b5fbc.jpg
Paintbooth1_zpsd60cf8d8.jpg
Lots of white sprayed today.
Car is scheduled for the booth sometime Monday and the red splitters will be done Monday too. Then the process of assembly, polishing and redoing the graphics will begin. I am seriously stoked.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Sean said:
Looks like things are really starting to pickup for you and getting everything all done.

What body shop did you send your car to?

Numme Auto Body in Port Chester. i have known Chris, Mark and Pam for a long time. They did all my paint work for the mods, so when it was time for repair there was no question. they do all shop work for New Country Porsche/Audi/VW/Lambo and the Miller Motorcars Ferrari/Maserati/Bentley/Rolls/Aston Martin. They are crazy busy and Chris knows I want the car done right so that's why it's taken so long.

Thanks for the well wishes all.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors