The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#21 Mustang resurrection thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good. I'm curious to see if you notice any difference with the new booster.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Zquez said:
You're going to have to post your impressions on the Ergo. That seat is at the top of my wish list.

The Ergo seat is perfect. I am a big guy 6'-1", 270 lbs, 38" eh 40" waist and I had a Circuit Plus but my bottom end wouldn't quite fit. With the large Ergo no problem and it fits very wel along the ribs and shoulders. Also like the removable head protections. I have it mounted on a sparco S197 specific seat base and sparco sliders. Rack it back to get in and out, adjust forward to perfect seat position. Only small issue is its very tall and just touches the plastic trim over the door window. Very solid feeling FIA certified seat.
Steve

steveespo said:
The Ergo seat is perfect. I am a big guy 6'-1", 270 lbs, 38" eh 40" waist and I had a Circuit Plus but my bottom end wouldn't quite fit. With the large Ergo no problem and it fits very wel along the ribs and shoulders. Also like the removable head protections. I have it mounted on a sparco S197 specific seat base and sparco sliders. Rack it back to get in and out, adjust forward to perfect seat position. Only small issue is its very tall and just touches the plastic trim over the door window. Very solid feeling FIA certified seat.
Steve

Excellent. How often do you drive the 21 on the street anymore? I need a good seat that can be daily driven and also be an exceptional track seat to avoid adding one more step to my track prep. This seat seems like it would fit the bill nicely with the removable halo. Also, which roll bar do you have?

VTBoss302 said:
Car still looks unfinished to me without the coyote and roadrunner stickers ;)

EDIT - For reference

COYRR_zps7cdd491e.jpg
Steve, your hottie is just fabulous! Love everything about it.

Coyote and Roadrunner decals are too cool, but I am digging the CP/Holman Moody hood decals, and what I hope is a under the radar shout out to Steve McQueen with the TAG Heuer door decal.

Very nice indeed Steve, cannot wait to see her for her coming out party!

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
OK
After 12 long weeks the #21 Ford Mustang is once again race ready. After full body repair and paint and some major and minor mechanical upgrades (GT 500 cooling fan, new Boss alternator/idler/drive belt, 302S Rear LCAs, new master cylinder and brake booster, new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports) we are go for a 2 day trackfest at Watkins Glen International.
In the true spirit of the original but with more accurate graphics here it is;
008_zpse7538249.jpg
009_zps76b80650.jpg
011_zps1ce6543d.jpg
012_zps01341d04.jpg
006_zps108695c3.jpg

Will be meeting up with Pete and some other friends on Sunday and will have many more photos and video of our 2 days of automotive Heaven.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks All.
Rick, I am running with the Audi Club at WG and since it's my first event with them I have to run street tires in intermediate group. I also have to drive the car since I haven't replaced the trailer. Got a good deal on a takeoff set, $700 for all 4 tires.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel