The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

22PLE on Justin's Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin's Boss finally got finished tonight. Full polish, IPA wipe, and then application of 22PLE Pro. 22PLE went on much easier than we thought and has a very nice shine to it. Waiting for a couple days when we can test the hydrophobic qualities of it.

Justin Polishing the Boss
tGr7yHs.jpg

After the 22PLE application.

HsSSBaF.jpg
m9qCgN1.jpg
7KTAtQ8.jpg
hTPmaf0.jpg

Roof
8rJ7yPn.jpg

vkrcW5B.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
This was a three day project. The buffing took a lot longer then I had hoped.

This all what I did.
All purpose wash
deep wheel cleaner the entire car
clay
Green pad
orange pad
white pad
IPA wipe down
then a coat of 22ple

It doesnt sound like it would take long but at the speed you have to move with the adams polish and pads it takes a long time to do three passes over the entire car.

I used so very little of the 22ple I am going to do another layer after this one has some cure time.

Justin, sounds like you did a text book perfect job! Looks great! When you get the second layer on can you take a picture close to the stripes? I'm curious if you can see the layering of the 22ple.

Justin

askjeffro said:
Have to ask, what polisher are you using? Flex?
yes I am using the flex. I am looking to switch pads and product for something more aggressive that cuts faster then the adams does. Dont get me wrong you get results with adams but for me it just takes to long.

http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/D300
http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/DMC6
http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/DMF6

this is what I am looking to try next. and looking to get some nice lake county finishing pads.

Justin said:
yes I am using the flex. I am looking to switch pads and product for something more aggressive that cuts faster then the adams does. Dont get me wrong you get results with adams but for me it just takes to long.

http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/D300
http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/DMC6
http://www.buffdaddy.com/product/DMF6

this is what I am looking to try next. and looking to get some nice lake county finishing pads.
Justin, I currently use the lake country Ccs pads and if your using the Adams ones already I'd stay with them. I'm not to fond of them. It just feels like they could be doing more. Also you may want to try Sonax's new nano and fine polishes. I tried the nano and I thought it did a pretty good job on my explorer. Also, I tried menzerna 2500 and maybe it was the Ccs pads but it didn't get all the swirls that I'd hope it would have.

Justin

killerwill13 said:
Justin, I currently use the lake country Ccs pads and if your using the Adams ones already I'd stay with them. I'm not to fond of them. It just feels like they could be doing more. Also you may want to try Sonax's new nano and fine polishes. I tried the nano and I thought it did a pretty good job on my explorer. Also, I tried menzerna 2500 and maybe it was the Ccs pads but it didn't get all the swirls that I'd hope it would have.
I have their older flat pads and the egg crate ones. The egg crate ones suck bad. The new thing is micro fiber pads and meguiars 105 it seems going to try them

Justin said:
I have their older flat pads and the egg crate ones. The egg crate ones suck bad. The new thing is micro fiber pads and meguiars 105 it seems going to try them

You got to do a review of them both. I'm always looking for new stuff to try so I'd like to hear what you think of them.

BTW have you ordered Adam's project Patriot wax??

I was able to get number 25 from the first 50 they produced.... To bad I have to wait to try it on my boss since it still has only been out three times since its last waxing

Justin

killerwill13 said:
You got to do a review of them both. I'm always looking for new stuff to try so I'd like to hear what you think of them.

BTW have you ordered Adam's project Patriot wax??

I was able to get number 25 from the first 50 they produced.... To bad I have to wait to try it on my boss since it still has only been out three times since its last waxing
lol I didnt order it. Forceofwill told me about it though. I dont see it on their site at all. Must be sold out.

Justin, you are killing me, first I purchased all of the Zaino, and some Adams now I have to pick up this 22pie stuff and I've got to take my rear lights out....forget killing me, my wife will... :p

Are coming back to Carlisle?? June 7-8-9

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
Justin, you are killing me, first I purchased all of the Zaino, and some Adams now I have to pick up this 22pie stuff and I've got to take my rear lights out....forget killing me, my wife will... :p

Are coming back to Carlisle?? June 7-8-9
lol its all good stuff. I am always trying new things though lol. the rear lights are easy to take out three nuts per side and a plug. faster than taping them off.

I wont be there for carlisle I will be out to sea then so I cant make it

If you order the 105 you might as well get the 205, they both worked great when I was babying my dark blue Bimmer and it eliminated all the swirls pretty quickly. After the lighter cut of the 205 I didn't need fine polish, just wax.

Justin

racered302 said:
If you order the 105 you might as well get the 205, they both worked great when I was babying my dark blue Bimmer and it eliminated all the swirls pretty quickly. After the lighter cut of the 205 I didn't need fine polish, just wax.
thats my plan. I just want to hit it with the white polish from adams give it that extra glow

Justin,

I will be curious to see the full results as I have been turned on to Zaino by your previous posts. While my girlfirend thinks I am nuts by how much time I spend taking car of the car I have been impressed by your work and the results it nets for me by following suit. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for introducing me to Zaino, and possibly 22PLE.

It's hard to appreciate sometimes until I park next to another back car.

a6d36e25-ae5a-469d-a91d-b193539a48ed_zps9b76e779.jpg
IMG_20130408_215217_847_zpsa323ff85.jpg
2013-03-03_11-19-11_59_zps2af5d4d8.jpg

Justin

Cant wait to give 22ple's full line up a try.

If all else fails I have plenty of zaino to fall back on.

I will have to say the Zaino gave me a solid 8 months of a good shine before it started to fade. And that was with constant washes and wipe downs.

Justin, thought you'd like to know that Adam's put up another 50 of the project patriot wax.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-901-adams-project-patriot-limited-edition-ultra-premium-paste-wax.aspx

TMO Supporting Vendors