The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

285 ohtsu fp8000/Falken fk452 as a wet track/autocross tire vs my 255 Continentals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Crazy question- does anyone have experience with the Ohtsu FP8000 as a wet track tire? I might have an opportunity to trade my 19x9 wheels with 255 extreme contact sports (Continental) for 19x10 lmr r355 wheels with Ohtsu FP8000, 285 wide, BRAND new on them.

I researched and find its a cheap tire, lmr puts it on as a wheel/tire kit. Its a 300tw summer tire, probably a rebrand of the Falken 452.

Would i better on my narrower continentals in the rain, or can i go widee yet?

I know the general rule is narrower in the wet to get more tire heat anx you have to displace less water. However, I'm thinking theres a narrow point where you've taken it too far and i wonder if 255 is too far. Would i be adversely affected with 285 tires on 10" wheels?

Last edited:
It’s a decent wet tire with a tread design that was constructedto perform well with water evacuation. It’s a two generation old Falken tire that was discontinued in favor of better wear characteristics.

It’s was rebranded to sell on the ohtsu line as it was popular and can sell at a lower price point. It should work well in the wet just be prepared for wear if you daily the tire.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel