The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

285 on 10 vs 305 on 11 wide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I think the bump stop brackets are common issues with the 19x11 setups on our cars. I think most just grind them down. My insights came from the Apex fitment page.

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
After having 19x11 apex et52 on for a year with a 20mm front spacer I have one problem.
The left rear tire hangs on the bump stop bracket at full droop.
The rim never touches, just the tire rim protector.
I have an adjustable PB but to keep the rear centered in the chassis it will touch when you lift the car.
I'm thinking of doing a little work on the outside of the bumpstop bracket.
Anyone else have this problem?

It's not really what I would consider to be a problem since when the car is on the ground there is no rubbing. Only one side touches because of how the panhard bar travels in its arc motion. If you do want to remove that small interference when the suspension is hanging I would recommend removing that portion of the bracket. If you remove the entire bracket, you'd need to use a relocation kit to move the bumpstops in so they still function.

TMO Supporting Vendors